Author Topic: transfer student looking for insight  (Read 4488 times)

gilly

transfer student looking for insight
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Im transferring to UND for ATC in the fall, and was wanted to know what people think about the entire aerospace program. Ive heard it is amazing and excited to start there. I am nervous though because I keep hearing that the school is really boring and people have negative feelings. Can anyone help?

Offline gyudon

• UND
Re: transfer student looking for insight
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
Im transferring to UND for ATC in the fall, and was wanted to know what people think about the entire aerospace program. Ive heard it is amazing and excited to start there. I am nervous though because I keep hearing that the school is really boring and people have negative feelings. Can anyone help?

Hey gilly,
I don't know if this will help but this is my case.

I'm from Tokyo, Japan and studying commercial aviation here. Transitioning from a city like Tokyo to Grand Forks is tough and I must say the city isn't too exciting but I managed. Obviously you'll make friends and if you're really into aviation I think it's worth staying here. It's actually only my 2nd semester here and it does make a big difference if I get to fly or not. But you can't get weathered for ATC so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have a few friends who are seniors in the ATC program and some struggle because apparently it is a really demanding major.

Well I have to go.
I'll be helping students on Transfer Getting Started in April(?) so I could show you around the department if you want.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything