Author Topic: Some Opening Ceremony fireworks were faked  (Read 5292 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Some Opening Ceremony fireworks were faked
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »

Sunday, Aug 10, 2008 9:29 pm EDT

Some Opening Ceremony fireworks were faked
By Chris Chase

If you watched the Opening Ceremony on Friday night, chances are you said something like, "no way that's possible" at least once. It turns out you were right.

London's Telegraph newspaper reports that some of the fireworks which appeared over Beijing during the television broadcast of the Olympic Opening Ceremony were actually computer generated. But -- hold on -- it's not necessarily as bad  as you think.

The faked fireworks were actually set-off at the stadium, but because of potential dangers in filming the display live from a helicopter, viewers at home were shown a pre-recorded, computer-generated shot. It sounds dishonest, but I'm not sure it's such a terrible thing.

Read On at http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Some-Opening-Ceremony-fireworks-were-faked?urn=oly,99745

Humm, thats interesting.  I guess I should have watched the whole opening ceremony ... that photo looks sweet (even if it was "faked").
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Some Opening Ceremony fireworks were faked
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »
Gawd that is awesome.  I missed the ceremony, I wonder if its on youtube or a site with a bigger video size?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic