Author Topic: BIKECICLE 2011! Come on February 12 to ride in the snow! REGISTER ONLINE NOW!  (Read 15559 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBpiFAcyDPc[/youtube]
Thanks to the UND eMarketing and Communications Team for creating this promo video!

OFFICIAL FLYER

New information will be posted in this thread and then added to the page linked above.  Please ask your questions here (no login required) or email [email protected].

* On Facebook?  Tell people you're attending our event and help get the word out!

* Online registration will be available as soon as USA Cycling paperwork clears. Available now!  The UND Cycling Club is covering the fees associated with online registration, so you don't have to pay any more than it says on the flyer.

* You do NOT need an annual license from USA Cycling to do this race!  There should be an option to add a one-day license at no cost when you register.  Riders wishing to do the long race but do not have a USAC annual license should sign up as Cat 2.

* Please keep in mind that because this is a USAC race, the official has the discretion to enforce equipment rules.  You will need to have a freewheel on your bike.  Bar ends are allowed because we're running this as a mountain event, and I have checked to make sure that people can use studded tires.  Please contact [email protected] if you have any equipment questions.

* Homestays should be available on a limited, first-come, fisrt-served basis.  This is primarily for collegiate riders who want to come up, but we don't begrudge anyone's choice to sleep on the floor if they really want to.

* We are working on a course, and will have a map up as soon as we are finished.  Expect to see some clear-ish Greenway pavement, some icy Greenway pavement, some curse-worthy snow and some snowmobile trail!

* Volunteer or wanting to be a volunteer?  Check out this thread.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:29:51 AM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: BIKECICLE 2011! Come on February 12 to ride in the snow!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS UP!
Which race are you going to do?
- Beginner (Category 3): You can register now.
- Collegiate D: You can register now.
- Collegiate C: You can register now.
- Intermediate (Category 2): You can register now.
- Advanced (Category 1): You can register now.
- Collegiate B: You can register now.
- Collegiate A: You can register now.

How to use the online USA Cycling registration system:

* If you have any problems, please let us know at [email protected] before you complete your transaction.  We can forward feedback on to USAC, but we'd definitely like to hear about it now rather than grumbles after the race.

* You will need to create a FREE "My USA Cycling" account to register.  Head here to do this: https://www.usacycling.org/myusac/index.php?pagename=mypage.  If you already have an account you can move on to the next step.  You will NOT need to purchase an annual license unless you are racing Cat 1.  If "Cat 1" means nothing to you, you do not need too purchase an annual license.

* Once you have created your account, you can register at this page: https://www.usacycling.org/myusac/index.php?pagename=registration&eventid=211&year=2011.  If this link doesn't work, log in at www.usacycling.org, click the "My USA Cycling" logo on the left side of the page, then click "Register for an event" under "Event Registrations" on the right side of the next page and scroll down to find "UND Cycling and The Blue Moose present Bikecicle."

* You can check out who is in what race by clicking "View Registrations" on this page.  Please don't sandbag according to who you see as competitors.  Sandbagging is for, well, sandbaggers.

* Select which race you want to enter by checking a box.  The USA Cycling system should know for which events you are qualified, which is why you don't see the whole list.  If you are a collegiate rider who wishes to register, we haven't figured out the online problem BUT you can still register.  Choose the distance (8 km for C/D or 12 km for A/B) for your race and drop an email to [email protected] telling us what category you'll be racing and we'll change the registration after the fact.

* (Optional) Donate $1, $5, $10, or any combination thereof to the UND Cycling Scholarship Fund.  Contact Dave Cardarelli ([email protected]) for more information regarding this fund.

* Click the "Next" button and check out using your Visa or MastercardWe prefer the online method, but if you would rather pay by check please send an email to [email protected] confirming which race you are entering and mail the check to:
UND Cycling Club
c/o Student Involvement
Memorial Union Room 113
2901 University Avenue Stop 8385
Grand Forks ND 58202-8385
Your check must be postmarked before February 1st to get the early registration deal, and we have to receive it before race day if you don't want to pay the day-of registration fee.

* Check in on race day.  We'll print off pre-filled waivers and have numbers ready for everyone.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 09:41:40 AM by Sal Atticum »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
The previous post has been updated.  All riders should be able to register online now, but collegiate riders will need to select a distance first and then email us their category (see above).

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Online Registration List (to be updated at least daily, can also be viewed here):

Cat 3 Women
1. Alison Finstad
2. Jenna Belden

Cat 3 Men
1. Michael Mullins
2. Kou Omori
3. Josh Blair

Cat 2 Men
1. Nic Buer
2. Jason Schaefer
3. Steve Moulds
4. Matthew Engen

Collegiate D Men
1.  Aaron Kennedy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:32:47 AM by Sal Atticum »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Press Coverage:
1. The Exponent Jan. 26 2011

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Please keep in mind that because this is a USAC race, the official has the discretion to enforce equipment rules.  Generally this means you must have a freewheel (no fixed-gears).  Bar ends and studded tires are okay.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Also helmets MUST be worn at ALL TIMES when you are on your bicycle. This includes testing it in the parking lot, or riding it to the starting line.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Only three days left to register online and still save $5!

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
So I somehow ended up with both races in the cart and registered for the wrong race.  Can you put me down for the 2-lap race instead?  Collegiate C/D.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
So I somehow ended up with both races in the cart and registered for the wrong race.  Can you put me down for the 2-lap race instead?  Collegiate C/D.
Should be fixed, see if you can check it.  You're down for D because you haven't raced previously, but the field will be combined anyway.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Last day to register online and save $5 and some paperwork!  Get in before midnight tonight!

Updating the list above of people who are riding as I seem them sign up today!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Updated first post with a MAP!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
A HUGE shoutout to everyone who helped put this event on: it could not have happened without YOU!  Even if you felt a little superfluous standing out in the cold, you helped bring riders through safely and without getting completely confused, and that's what matters.  We had a great day, and I hope you enjoyed it!

To those who came out and raced: thanks and thanks again!  We'll have results and photos up shortly.  If you have photos of your own to share, you can either post a link here and we will get it on the website, or you can send/give them to me and I will upload them to Flickr.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Complete results by age class and category are up on the USAC website: http://www.usacycling.org/results/?permit=2011-211
Results by race will be up soon on our website: http://www.und.edu/org/cycling/Bikecicle_2011.html

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
sweet videos! I see no pictures?

Offline Plantains

This appears to be accurate.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline red hibiscus

• UND

This appears to be accurate.

Beek's at a ski race now, but I think the pictures are still uploading...

Offline Plantains

Allegedly...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic