Author Topic: Voiceund.com  (Read 2979 times)

Offline tyrone.grandstrand

• UND
Voiceund.com
« on: January 19, 2008, 06:31:55 PM »
Please check out VoiceUND.com -

Voice UND will be a place for students to bring up there ideas for improvements at UND, and have action actually be taken on those issues.  We have a feature that allows student users to vote on the topics that they feel are important to them.  An example is an idea recently brought up at Voice UND for a "Student Advocate."  The gentleman that brought the idea up told us his story about having to go to 7 different places to have one question answered - he was bounced around because no one knew for sure where to go.  This is a big problem for UND students because it can waste multiple days that should be spent on either working on school or recovering from it by relaxing.

His suggestion for a Student Advocate meant that there would be one place or one person that students could go to that would be able to tell them where they can get their issues taken care of.  If I need credits transfered, where do I go? If I need to get my financial aid worked out where do I go?

The bonus is that Voice UND will help other students think of ideas from those ideas - Synergy will take place at Voice UND.

Sincerely,

Tyrone & Mike
Co-creators of Voice UND

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Voiceund.com
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »
Welcome to the Campus Dakota message board!  Hope you stick around and help improve things!

So what is the solution?  Is UND going to put a system in place to hold people by the hand as they make it through school?  Personal secretaries for everyone?  Maybe the solution in this case is for a) the UND bureaucracy to be improved and b) people to ask more of their peers, because I've surely learned more about how the school works from fellow students who have had dealings than from the school itself.

I've already registered at your site.  It's pretty.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:41:32 AM by mburtonk »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
How does one become involved in the Voice UND student org?  If someone wanted to help out, how would they?  Who would they contact?

Offline tyrone.grandstrand

• UND
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:55 AM »
How does one become involved in the Voice UND student org?  If someone wanted to help out, how would they?  Who would they contact?

You can contact me - or mike crenshaw, or mike link.  Were you personally interested?

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »
I have way too many things going on right now to be involved (primarily my last semester as a grad student!), but I'm interested in watching the evolution of the site.  :D

I mostly wanted others to know who to talk to if they wanted to get involved.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything