Author Topic: Races in late August for teh entire team/Club!!!  (Read 8731 times)

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Races in late August for teh entire team/Club!!!
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »
OK you bike enthusiasts! There are two races in late August. One is on the Aug 22 (Albany, MN) and the other one is on the Aug 30th (South of Cities) - MN State RR championship (Erik, it's close to your house, hint,hint  :P ). For the race on the 30th everybody should be back for school and ready to go as a team!! Here is the link to the flier: http://usacycling.org/events/getflyer.php?permit=2009-1297
The one on the 22nd does not have a flier yet, but I know it is in the making.
This is a great opportunity for all Cat 5 to get more experience in racing and to make the upgrade easier. Think about it! You have about a month to get ready for it if you have not ridden your bike much this summer. We should definitely have 5-8 people going to those races.
post your comments and concerns.Don't just read this post. There is nothing more frustrating about the post where you need feedback, than seeing tens of views, but zero posts! Let's get riding!!  :undcc:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Races in late August for teh entire team/Club!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
I will post more info regarding the race on the 22nd as I see the flier .
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
I am not going to be able to do the one on the 22nd  :( because thats the day of my bros wedding  :wub: but I would love to be ther. I can do the one on the 30th tho. I think it sounds like a good idea too!!! Ive been doing a ton of crits but no road races. Cant wait to race with you guys again :boxing:
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Casey

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »
I am interested in the August 30th race as well.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »
I hope to be able to go.  I have not looked at the flyers because I am working so I have money to pay for racing.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
 I am going to go to win money, buy my crankset and bottom bracket and Mario can quit complaining about me not putting SRAM on my bike :brave:
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »
I thought you had all sram stuff already. I was just telling logan to get DA7800 instead of srammy? The price is right.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Hollywood

• UND
  • Jesus is My Coach
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »
I mean, I HAVE the srammy (Shifters, derailleurs and Red cassette) I'm just waiting to win enough money to get a crankset and BB...and chain. THEN!...OH YEAH!
"You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything if you haven't got the legs"

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:40:36 PM »
Her some info about the race on the 22nd of August. It's called Spunk Lake RR and can be found at: http://www.endurancepromotions.com/

Offline brian

• UND
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
I mean, I HAVE the srammy (Shifters, derailleurs and Red cassette) I'm just waiting to win enough money to get a crankset and BB...and chain. THEN!...OH YEAH!

You should wait until the 2010 Red chains come out before plunking down the cash on the current Red chain...not that it's that big of a deal since that's the cheapest part of the drivetrain.  :)

They were having issues with the current Red chains' durability, shifting efficiency, as well as their noise level.  That's why many bike companies spec the DA chain on Red-equipped bikes.

The 2010 Red chain is supposedly going to address all those issues.

Offline nathan.barten

• UND
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 07:29:56 AM »
Although I cannot yet commit to having a place for you guys to stay, I do know that I'll be at the spunk road race.  I'll be down that weekend for vacation and it'd be great to see you guys there.  If it's getting close and still a lot of you don't have a place to stay, let me know.  I'll see what I can do.  Turns out I grew up <30 miles from spunk lake.

Edited by guardrail. (Welcome back)

I'll talk to you homies on another thread soon I'm sure.

RL
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:23:12 PM by Guardrail »

Offline Plantains

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

You should wait until the 2010 Red chains come out before plunking down the cash on the current Red chain...not that it's that big of a deal since that's the cheapest part of the drivetrain.  :)

They were having issues with the current Red chains' durability, shifting efficiency, as well as their noise level.  That's why many bike companies spec the DA chain on Red-equipped bikes.

The 2010 Red chain is supposedly going to address all those issues.

Anyone having issues with "loud" drivetrains has their bike setup improperly. Perhaps sram is upto something to address the loudness issue. But waiting for a 2010 chain to come out is pointless considering the mileage that we all put on our bikes. That said, any hollowpin chain is going to have trouble with noise and durability. And honestly... if you're after durability... a groupset that uses titanium/ceramics/carbon fiber isn't the group for you.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Once a Runner

• UND
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »
The races look like fun, wish I could be there!  I'll be back on the bike in no time!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 03:29:10 PM »
That's the SPIRIT!  :undcc:

Offline brian

• UND
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
Anyone having issues with "loud" drivetrains has their bike setup improperly.

Not the loudness from a improper drivetrain setup...I was referring to the noise when shifting.  SRAM drivetrains are noticeably louder than Campy/Shimano.  Some consumers complained, so bike manufacturers changed their spec to accommodate.  Running a SRAM shifter/derailleur setup with a SRAM chain/cassette compared to a Shimano chain/cassette is an noticeable difference.  It goes from "clunk" to whisper quiet immediately.  It's not something that I care too much about on my bike, but enough consumers complained that SRAM changed their setup for next year.  :)

And honestly... if you're after durability... a groupset that uses titanium/ceramics/carbon fiber isn't the group for you.

That pretty much eliminates every SRAM group, half of Shimano's offerings, and most of Campy as well.  ;)

It's not too much to ask of a high-end road group to be durable as well.  :)

Offline brian

• UND
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
Sorry to steer this thread from its original topic.  :)

I'll be at the Aug 30th MN State RR...just driving from the opposite border.

Will anyone from here be in the Cat 3 field?  I'll be riding sans teammates, so if anyone is looking to gang up on some MN riders, I'm game.  :D

Offline Plantains

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 03:14:48 PM »

It's not too much to ask of a high-end road group to be durable as well.  :)

That was my entire point... it is alot to ask. Durability and lightweight get into fights alot.

I agree with you about the RED shifting tho, many cyclists have referred to the Red groupset as "tactical suicide" since everyone in the pelo will hear you shift. But really... those are just the people that bought 7900 and realized it sucks.

On a separate note... 1st post arguments would perhaps be a little more welcome if they were second post arguments, after the 1st post was introducing yourself... we work hard to promote this board and it's always... shocking? when people randomly find it. It'd be nice to have some details.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »
I do not think I will be able to go to the race this weekend.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »
Why not?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Because I'm not perfect like you, Mario.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything