Author Topic: Cool trick, or gotchaism?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Cool trick, or gotchaism?
« on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:29 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242798/Cyclist-wages-man-war-bad-drivers-secretly-filming-posting-clips-online.html

The 33-year-old was so angry at being cut up, clipped, and forced off the road by thoughtless drivers during his 13-mile journey, he fitted a spy camera to his helmet so he could get pictures of them in action.

Now Mr Spragg is naming and shaming the motoring menaces he falls victim to every day by putting videos of their antics on a website in the hope his local council will introduce new measures to make cyclists' journeys to work safer.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Cool trick, or gotchaism?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
When people go out of their way to cause a disturbance, deserved or otherwise, they aren't getting it. This person is the same as the motorist or motorists that he wishes to "catch in the act".

I'm pretty tired of the cyclists vs. the world attitude. It isn't accomplishing anything largely because the people running it aren't accomplishing the goals that the people involved desire (which is generally vigilante justice). Thus, you have a small % of people that want to help the situation the hard way (correctly) and a large % of people that want to take the easy way out and U-lock the side of some car.

In this predator prey survival game you'll notice that very few "prey" will willingly provoke their "predator" even after having a near encounter. This is generally because they favor the "live to see another day" attitude and as such they have. The more a cyclist provokes a car the more damage they do for the masses. I hate to say it, but Beek has generally had it right from day 1. Stopping at EVERY stop sign no matter what. While I may not want to comply with this arduous task, it is plainly clear that this attitude is the ONLY attitude that will regain respect for cyclists.

We all know who's right and who's wrong, but that doesn't mean punishment is in order but rather enlightenment.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic