Poll

What businesses would you like to see come to Grand Forks?

Trader Joes
4 (25%)
Home Depot
0 (0%)
Denny's
0 (0%)
Ben & Jerry's
4 (25%)
Other (say something and I'll add it to the list)
1 (6.3%)
Jamba Juice
4 (25%)
Bruegger's Bagels
1 (6.3%)
Olive Garden
1 (6.3%)
Granite City
0 (0%)
Don Pablo's
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: What businesses would you like to see come to Grand Forks?  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
This poll was inspired by the post on Grand Forks Life about what to do with the old civic auditorium downtown.  I'm not going to step on GrandForksGuy's toes by asking about that in particular, but let's just assume that we could have any business we wanted come to Grand Forks.  What would it be? 

I'm also going to try to dig up the correct contact people and/or 'location request' pages on each business' web site so we can have some sort of organized list of who everyone should contact in order to possibly get things moving.

If you have an idea that's not on the list, I'll add it.  You can change your vote, and you can vote for everything on the list, if you want.

Location Request forms
Trader Joes (couretsy anonymous at GFL): http://www.traderjoes.com/location_requests_form.aspx
Home Depot:  Use the form in the middle of this page.
Denny's:  Open your own franchise.
Ben & Jerry's:  Open your own franchise.
Jamba Juice:  Probably this form, although limited franchise opportunities are available.
Bruegger's Bagels:  Open your own franchise.
Olive Garden:  Try this form.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:57:21 PM by mburtonk »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline red hibiscus

• UND
Re: What businesses would you like to see come to Grand Forks?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 01:03:18 PM »
Grand Forks definitely needs a bagel shop, like Einstein's or Bruegger's or even a locally owned place. It would also be great to have another outdoors/sporting goods store aside from Scheels...it's really small and doesn't have a lot to offer.

Offline ProudPilot

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:12:06 PM »
I would really like to see Granite City or Don Pablo's open up in Grand Forks. We have some higher class restaurants, but nothing really GREAT. All the food seems to either be fast food, or on the same stage as Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings. Texas roadhouse is good, but it's on the pricey side to eat there every month. I really miss the River Bend, great food, great price!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 02:32:49 PM »
I've never heard of either of those restaurants.  What makes them special--is it because they are high class?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline SoonerNSioux

• UND
    • www.ontheplains.com
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »
Any restaurant that isn't the traditional American fare.  As far as Mexican goes, chains are so-so... but lets just get a Juanos from Fargo up here.  That's the best Mexican I have found in ND thus far.  An Italian restaurant (even if chain) such as Carinos or Olive Garden would also be nice.  Now let's throw in a Thai or Indian food place.  We have enough venues for burgers (although Red Robin is pretty darn tasty).  To find out Denny's is moving in to town is a big bla to me. 

Aaron

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic