Author Topic: How do I subscribe to a topic or board (and get email alerts)?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
As a registered member, you have the option to subscribe to topics that you want to keep track of.  When subscribed, you will be notified of any subsequent replies.

Topics
To subscribe to a topic:
Open the topic you wish to subscribe to.
At the top right of the first post, click on "Notify of Replies." (See attached image)

Unsubscribe from a topic:
Go to Profile-->Notifications and Email
To remove a subscription, select the checkmark next to the topic and click the "Unsubscribe" button.

To manage settings:
Go to Profile-->Notifications and Email
Checking "Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply" will not generate an email for any replies after the first until you read thre topic. This keeps the amount of email down if you are subscribed to very active threads but only access the forum once a day or so.
Checking "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic" allows you to post in a topic and be automatically subscribed.  You can unsibscribe in the future using the methods above.

Boards
To subscribe to a board:
Open the board to which you wish to subscribe.
At the top right of the first post, click on the "Notify" button.  (See attached image)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:24:30 PM by mburtonk »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic