Author Topic: Letter of Resignation from Joseph Chapman, NDSU  (Read 3214 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Letter of Resignation from Joseph Chapman, NDSU
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:16:01 PM »
2009-10-14 16:18:44

Chancellor William Goetz
State Board of Higher Education
10th Floor, State Capitol
600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 215
Bismarck, ND 58505-0230

Dear Chancellor Goetz,

I am writing to tender my resignation as President of North Dakota State University effective January 2, 2010.

Serving as president of North Dakota State University for the past 11 years has been the greatest privilege of my academic career.  Together with students, faculty and staff, we have taken this institution to new levels, and I take great pride in all we have accomplished together. Gale and I have made friends and community ties here we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Controversies in recent days have created distractions that have made it impossible for me to provide the leadership this institution deserves. Students have always been paramount, and I fear these distractions have impaired my ability to serve their interests.

I strongly urge you and the State Board of Higher Education to commission a comprehensive and independent audit of the president’s residence project to protect the integrity of the institution.

I have full confidence NDSU will continue to thrive and contribute to the prosperity of North Dakota well into the future.

Sincerely,

Joseph A. Chapman
President
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything