Author Topic: Fargo = Punishment?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline red hibiscus

• UND
Fargo = Punishment?
« on: December 14, 2010, 06:28:55 PM »

Apparently trips to ND (and SD) are being given as "punishment" for failing to meet sales goals...interesting. I know ND and SD don't make people's socks roll up and down, but I don't exactly think this helps our reputation.  :icon_bigsmurf:

"FARGO, N.D. — There is an old saying in the sales business: Always be closing. Here is a new one: Always be freezing, if you do not sell enough.

The company that makes Hot Tamales candy offered its sales team an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii if it met its annual goals, and a trip to the nation's arctic tundra if it didn't.

The Just Born team did not meet its target and, on Tuesday, about two dozen salespeople gathered inside the 19-story Radisson hotel — the tallest building in this frozen city.

Outside, the temperature was 7 degrees. The ground had 2 feet of snow..."

Full Story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40664462/ns/business-going_green/from/toolbar

P.S. Sal: any winter/cold smileys? The closest thing I could find was Papa Smurf...with his hat and beardedness.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Fargo = Punishment?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:54:46 PM »
Its stuff like this that does ultimately hurt states like ND.  Hopefully this 'bad' press will be outweighed by the huge amount of good press ND got from the 30 page Delta Magazine article.  I am not exactly sure why they felt they needed to do this.  Visiting is fine, but acting like its a punishment is not.  Its funny that people mostly only talk about ND in the winter (well and flooding).

The Forum spins it slightly differently, but its still not overtly positive.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything