Author Topic: Man charged with manslaughter for vehicle death  (Read 6827 times)

Offline zman

• NDSU
Man charged with manslaughter for vehicle death
« on: May 14, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »
Dont drink and drive!

A 26-year-old Fargo man has been charged with manslaughter in connection with a hit-and-run accident Saturday that killed an 18-year-old woman.

Torri Ellis Knutson of East Grand Forks, Minn., died at MeritCare Hospital in Fargo after a vehicle hit her in the 1300 block of North University Drive at about 2:53 a.m.

Michael Paul Sauvageau was charged today with Class B felony manslaughter, Class B felony duty in an accident involving death or injury and Class B misdemeanor driving under the influence.

According to Cass County District Court documents:

Several witnesses saw someone driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee strike Knutson while she was crossing the street and then leave the scene.

Knutson was taken to the MeritCare, where a doctor told police she had suffered a broken right humerus, multiple fractured ribs, a lung contusion and a severe head injury. She was pronounced dead at 5:36 a.m.

While police went back to the station to log Knutson’s clothing as evidence, they received a call from Sauvageau’s father who said his son was in an accident and acting strange.

Sauvageau told police he had hit something, but wasn’t sure what it was before asking for a lawyer. An officer noted his breath smelled of alcohol during the interview.

The vehicle he was driving matched the description of the vehicle at the scene and was also missing a part that was found at the scene.

Sauvageau is scheduled to make an initial court appearance in Cass County District Court this afternoon.

Read the full story in Tuesday’s Forum.
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/printer.cfm?id=165699

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Man charged with manslaughter for vehicle death
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
Seriously.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:37:08 PM »
I know at both NDSU and UND you can get a cheap cab ride.  Just call a damn cab or a friend or enemy.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »
The problem in GF is getting a cab that will be there relatively soon, which is probably half the reason people are idiots and drive home from the bar when its -40 out.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
The problem in GF is getting a cab that will be there relatively soon, which is probably half the reason people are idiots and drive home from the bar when its -40 out.

I suppose so.  Maybe they should have a DD then.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything