Author Topic: More "Green" exposure in Iowa :-)  (Read 8343 times)

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
More "Green" exposure in Iowa :-)
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »
He,eh, read the blog: http://teamfun.blogspot.com/  It was jsutr last weekend. 60 miles on the gravel-uffdaa!!
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: More "Green" exposure in Iowa :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »
LOLOMG Mario ur so stupid I love it.

HILARIOUS!
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
LOLOMG Mario ur so stupid I love it.

HILARIOUS!

What do you mean stupid??  :mob:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
lol... coz you wrote u had to go get ur car lol. Also, upgrade out of cat 4. Just learn in Cat 3. It will be a better experience for you.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
Well, the reason for this note was that according to the rules, the winer had to wait till the last rider arrives in order to claim the prize. At the time I wrote the note I  was already waiting for an hour...

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
Well, the reason for this note was that according to the rules, the winer had to wait till the last rider arrives in order to claim the prize. At the time I wrote the note I  was already waiting for an hour...
Poor Mario...wins a race and nobody's around to congratulate him :D.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »

Exactly.

1. Grow a beard.
2. Upgrade out of Cat 4 or I'm going to start calling you a sandbagger.
3. Nice work.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
Well, since the ceross season is bluming on the baord and peolple are more and more interested in it, I decided to continuew this topic. past weekend Tiff and I went to another local CCR and dmoinated it! Tiff took 2nd in here race, simply becasue she started at teh very end of the gruo (rookie). I took seciond in the first race (Cat 4), caouse I crashed three times (  :wtf: ) and also started in the middle of the pack. Half an hour later I entered the Cat3/4 race and this time showed them what UNDCT is made of: I won the race! We god some cool prizes including a set of CC tires ( Kenda Komando), $25 gift to a local Italian restaurante, and $40 in cash. i will try to post some more pics later. We celebrated that with Tiff by eating pumpkin pie dounuts, drinking decaff coffe and wine while watching the move at night. I also got invited onto a local team: Iowa City Cycling Club- Mercie Specialized Team. If all goes well, in the spring I will join their elite team, get my Specialized Tarmac S-works frame for free and pro deals on components. Lets hope they will not change their mind :-) . Anyways, keep on riding! It's fun!

Offline Plantains

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »
Mario. UPGRADE OUT OF CAT 4! You crashed 3 times and still took 2nd. Thats poor form. Upgrade. :colbert:

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 03:16:24 PM »
Tha is what my license say right now. I wanted to be cat 2 this season on the road, they wouldn't let me. SO, that beeing said I'm going to finish this season as cat 4 and request upgrade for next season. Please notice that I also race cat 3/open whenever I can. Don't hate me Dave  :P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 03:33:42 PM »
Tha is what my license say right now. I wanted to be cat 2 this season on the road, they wouldn't let me. SO, that beeing said I'm going to finish this season as cat 4 and request upgrade for next season. Please notice that I also race cat 3/open whenever I can. Don't hate me Dave  :P

Yeah, but there are a bunch of cat 4 guys that CAN'T upgrade, because you're winning. I think Cat 3 in cx is perfect for you. You obviously have the muscle, but you need the offroad bike handling skills. You'll probably win out a bunch of races with nice conditions, and you'll have to think a little more when it gets nasty. But cat 3 is for building the skills. I wouldn't upgrade to cat 2 until you're confident on the dirt. (For cx). Personally I don't think you're ready for cat 2 road yet either, but if you're just off the front of the cat 3's then you aren't going to learn shit anyways. Of course, then again... if you're off the back of the cat 2's you won't learn either.

Ps... those aren't insults.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
Yeah, you have good points. But what if I'm at the front of Cat 2 races-do I learn anything? Do be perfectly honest Dave, I do think I am ready for cat 2. As many cat 123 races I did and just cat3 I have to admit that it was way more fun for me to ride with cat 12 than it was with cat3, and sometimes I did better in cat 123 race than in cat 3 race. I'm not sure why but those cat3 guys just ride in a weired fashion. I do learn more riding with cat12, that is why I want to upgrade.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
Yeah, you have good points. But what if I'm at the front of Cat 2 races-do I learn anything? Do be perfectly honest Dave, I do think I am ready for cat 2. As many cat 123 races I did and just cat3 I have to admit that it was way more fun for me to ride with cat 12 than it was with cat3, and sometimes I did better in cat 123 race than in cat 3 race. I'm not sure why but those cat3 guys just ride in a weired fashion. I do learn more riding with cat12, that is why I want to upgrade.

Yeah... its largely regional as well. The cat 5's are where you learn what bike racing is. You learn the basics about pack riding. Cat 4 is where you learn to get stronger. Cat 3 is where you learn to handle ur bike and racing skills. When you get to cat 2, you need to have the power and the tactics down. All cat 2 is is honing. If you  hone properly, you'll bump to 1. If you can do anything in cat 1's, then you'll have decisions to make. Cat 2 is generally the highest level of a recreational cyclist. If you go higher than that, you're into making careers out of it.

IMO at least.

Offline Bedwyr

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
Mario:  Scoops, Jesse, and Camerin were impressed with the victory hoist.  Just saying...

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
Mario:  Scoops, Jesse, and Camerin were impressed with the victory hoist.  Just saying...

Thanks!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 03:05:55 PM »
Well, exposure not only in Iowa, I guess, because this weekend I raced in Kansas City, MO. It was the hardest cross race so far for me. At some point I thought the race was over for me, and basically accepted the fifth place I was at with ht front of the race pulling away, me wanting to puke and legs screaming NO. But, it is not over till is over, as I proved myself once more. I was patient and consistent with my pace, till I started to swallow one guy in front of me after another. As I saw the opportunity to possibility win it I  charged it harder, took first position and pounded for the rest of the race. They were trying, but I was beyond their reach. And I won it. Hard and well deserved victory. Very technical course. Not my strength, but I guess the only way of getting better in it is to do it. Won another set of cross tires :-) Couple more races left for me this cross season, including Iowa State Cross championship and Jinglecorss UCI race weekend over Thanksgiving.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 11:20:10 PM »
Did u upgrade yet? I'm pretty sure you're at an automatic upgrade now?

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »
NO, I have not upgraded. I will after this season, if they let me.

Offline Bedwyr

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
<learning opportunity>  "Upgrade" means competitive ranking of some kind? </learning opportunity>

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:39 PM »
Upgrading is basically moving up in a sense that you are in a different group of riders/racers that are a bit better than the previous crowd you raced with. By better I mean not necessarily strength/endurance wise, but quite often experience wise. So, for the road you have the categories: Cat5, Cat4, Cat3, Cat2, Cat1/Pro, and for cross racing there is not Cat 5, you start as Cat 4. The higher the category (lower in number), the better the riders, the longer the races, the more $$ is there to win, and the more pain the people you race with can inflict on you.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything