Author Topic: Higher education may soon be too expensive  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Higher education may soon be too expensive
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
Something needs to be done, higher education is becoming more and more expensive, but more and more necessary for the world we live in.

Having a bachelors degree is not what it used to be, it is not something that will make you standout that much.

One would think that the government or someone would put some more thought into this.  Of course I keep hearing that we are way behind many other countries in various parts of education, both k-12 and higher ed.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Higher education may soon be too expensive
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »
It depends on who you talk to.  From what I hear from everyone, and from the amount of undergraduate and graduate students US universities get from overseas, I think the US still has a lock on having the best post-secondary education system in the world.  It's not perfect, of course, but I think it gets things done.

What really scares me is the decreasing support I see for elementary and high school education by people who think that they have the magic bullet to fix everything.  We've become too laid back since WWII, when there was a huge push for people to push themselves for excellence because of the cold war.

I have high hopes for the next few years, once we get out of the economic crisis (and perhaps in spite of it).  There's no better way to motivate people to excel than to put real pressure on them.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic