Author Topic: Question  (Read 2987 times)

Offline bisonguy9

• NDSU
Question
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:45 PM »
Hi, I'm a rider at NDSU but our club has dissolved since last year. Would I be able to buy my own personal liscense and not a club liscense and still ride in races? Reason I ask is that I am interested in riding your race since it is the closest one.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
No. You have to renew your clubs license with USAC, then purchase your own USAC collegiate license.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Plantains

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
I should add that it isn't hard to do any of that... you could also technically just get a 1 day license (for yourself) and race D at our race. It'd be cheaper even if you went to minnesotas race and our race to just race on one days.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:24:21 PM »
That's what I was thinking...you don't need a club license to race on a one-day license?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline bisonguy9

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »
aww yes I forgot about the one day liscense. So the one day liscense should work? thanks for the replies

Offline Plantains

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:16 PM »
No. You cannot race collegiate without your club being a registered collegiate club/team. So you will have to pay the $50 (or whatever) fee to USAC to get NDSU re-registered (might involve getting a sheet of paper signed saying that you are actually a club at the univ). Once you do that, you can purchase a one day $10-12 OR a regular racing license $30 and you will be eligible to race.

You MIGHT be able to get it by if you show up in completely blank jersey/shorts (no sponsors OR school logo or ANY logo) and race, but I don't think that's the case.

You should email our conference director Mark Guthart (can be found on USAC website) or the regional coordinator Larry Martin.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:01:25 PM »
You MIGHT be able to get it by if you show up in completely blank jersey/shorts (no sponsors OR school logo or ANY logo) and race, but I don't think that's the case.

Also, don't do this... I can tell you that unless I can get our chief ref or chief judge to Ok this, I'll be saying no way all day long.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
I'm all for you trying to race dude, but you should really get in touch with Mark Guthart to see ([email protected] may get to him).  Guardrail is a USAC official so he technically knows what he's talking about.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
Guardrail is a USAC official so he technically knows what he's talking about.

Allegedly beek... allegedly.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic