Author Topic: Criterium at Grand Forks AFB  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Matt

Criterium at Grand Forks AFB
« on: July 15, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I am working on setting up a non-USAC sanctioned Criterium at the air force base on either the 17th or 24th of September. We are looking to do two races an "Intermediate" and an "Advanced" race just to increase cycling interest on base. Most of use will have to race in the Advance race since they want to keep the Intermediate race open for those that have mountain bikes or never have done a group ride. As it stands we are look at 25 mins and 45 mins  per race respectively. The cost is going to be between $10-$15 for the races, a lot of other detail will be going out latter I am just trying to get as feel for if anybody would be interested in this race.  If you helped set up at the 2 Flat 2 Furious race I would love to pick your brain for ideas.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Criterium at Grand Forks AFB
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
Matt, that's great!

Most of my ideas are already here: http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?topic=5728.0.  The key one missing is to make sure you have enough parking barriers to keep people off the course.

I hope you can post this on Northern Plains Athletics once you get it figured out.  The calendar might help you pick a date that doesn't conflict with anything, too.  I do know that Spe 24th is the Headwaters 100 ride at Lake Itasca, MN.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Matt

Re: Criterium at Grand Forks AFB
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
The parking barriers should not be a problem since I was told we are going to have police at every corner and that is the only way to get on the course, there are no side streets leading to the course. As for the date, that is not up to me it is being decided by our fitness center staff. I will make sure to post the event on Northern Plains once the details get firmed up.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything