Author Topic: Group Rides: FALL 2009  (Read 96470 times)

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
Re: Group Rides: FALL 2009
« Reply #400 on: March 22, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
i can go whenever. so 430 it is then?

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2010, 12:17:13 PM »
I'm actually going now at 12:20.Sorry guys for the confusion.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »

Also... the rain is pushed back by 2 hours in the forecast. This really just means that its a function of temperature and how fast/slow it changes. The moisture is currently above us (raining)... just not making it to the ground.

Theoretically... if you rode fast enough... and generated enough heat... you could alter the whole thing. Fascinating.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:41:48 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
 :shitstorm:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2010, 05:36:24 PM »
You can thank me for my extremely accurate weather abilities later.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »
You can thank me for my extremely accurate weather abilities later.
Hopefully trekguy won't have to thank anyone for showing up to a ride that wasn't happening...in the rain.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #406 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
I will be going for a 2-2.5 hour ride today at 5pm. I have my threshold test within that ride, so If you want to stick on my tail for it, you are more than welcome. After the test I just have easy riding. If you rather spin indoors, you have to be in my apartment at around 4:45 so you can get in. Let me know what you want to do.

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
can we spin later than 4:45, after your ride?
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Plantains

« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »
We have a meeting at 8!

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »
i know i thought it wasn't going to take long
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
derp deh derpen
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2010, 02:10:03 PM »
I honestly guys don't like the idea of spinning after 9:00pm. It;s just too late. There are people leaving under me, and we have been luck enough they didn't say anything. But if start spinning that late, they might get pissed. That's all I'm saying. All it takes is one complain from them to the manager and we are DONE spinning at my place. You can try and come to my place at 4:45 to grab a key and spin before the meeting?

Offline trekguy

• UND Cycling Club
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »
anyone planning on riding tomorrow?

Offline Plantains

« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2010, 09:41:33 PM »
Hey Bobby... we actually had a meeting tonight. There'll be another one coming up soon, but just so you know, you're welcome to come hang out at the meetings too.

I'm sure somebody will be riding tomorrow, but I just wanted to sort of pass on that the group rides section gets a little convoluted right when the weather is changing from bad to good because it's right when our racing season is starting and everyone has scheduled rides and we're trying to move from inside on the trainers to outside on the roads. Bear with us... the rids will get MUCH more consistent once things smooth out a little.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #414 on: March 23, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »
I'm riding but I have a hard intervals at 5:30. You are more than welcome to join, but you might get dropped. Also Logan is riding earlier in a day with Chad. Let's see if any of them will post a time.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #415 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
I'm actually going to leave at 5. Sanders, you would probably need to come to my place at 4:45 so you can get ready.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »
Another change in plans.I'm staying indoors. The wind is crazy right now!

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2010, 11:15:05 AM »
An easy ride today, outside, starting at 4:15 form the union. I know it is cold, but it is better to ride for an hour outside , than 1.5 hours on the rollers. I will try to go for 2 hours, but I don't mind to loop around for people that want quit earlier.Erik you need to show up at my place no later than 4 to get your pedals and clothing on. It should be sunny and low winds, just cold.

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
your a crazy fool... i dont think i have enough warm gear here to do a ride outside... when can i stop by and pick up the trainer???
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »
Between 3:45-4:00.

anything
realistic
anything