Author Topic: Watch out in Sweden  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Watch out in Sweden
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:14:52 AM »
 . . . if you do naughty things online.

Sweden is about to vote on a bill that will allow local authorities to monitor all types of wired traffic, including e-mails, fax messages and telephone calls.

This week, the Swedish Parliamentary Committee on Defense approved the bill, which was published last year. The Committee also said more safeguards are needed, including additional details on when the data can be used, how it should be destroyed and who can access it.

On June 17 the bill will be debated and finally voted on in the Swedish Parliament.

Its detractors see the vote in the Parliament as a watershed moment.

"We are about to give up an important right, not to be monitored by the state unless there are suspicions of serious crimes," said Maria Rankka, head of Swedish think thank Timbro.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Watch out in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »
Wow, that is pretty out there (in my opinion)... I dont think anything like that would fly over here (if the govt. openly admitted to doing it).
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything