Author Topic: Honest opinion of ndbison.com  (Read 4681 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Honest opinion of ndbison.com
« on: May 23, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »
Hello,

I am not sure if you are aware of my connection to ndbison.com or not, but if you do I want you to disregard that knowledge.

Anyway, what I am looking for is an honest opinion of what you think about ndbison.com (and I dont mean in relation to it being related to NDSU).  I want an honest opinion of what you think of the design, astetics, content, usefullness etc.

I am thinking it could be improved a lot, but I am looking for some opinions on the matter.

Please let me know what you honestly think.  What do you like, what do you dislike.

When reviewing the site please keep the whole UND-NDSU thing out of it.

Thanks!  ;D
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Honest opinion of ndbison.com
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:51:05 AM »
You might want to plaster "Campus Dakota" or "NDBISON" all over the marketplace site, if you want people to a)make the connection between the sites and b)understand what geographical region you are serving.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 10:58:42 AM »
I think NDBison is a great resource for students in Fargo--especially because it helps those from GF know what is available if they are driving down.  I like that you have the links to the forum everywhere (although they are linked to the old board), but it would be really cool if you could get a good couple of restaurant reviews from the forum and then link to the review directly under the address of the restaurant:
Duane's House of Pizza
1629 University Dr S
Fargo, ND 58103
Phone: 701.232.8908
South Fargo
Read a student review!
Or you could have some little icon next to it too.

That way, you not only give people what they want (an idea about the place before they go), but you also get them involved in reading the forum posts through 'regular' interface of the website (which is less scary than a forum, for many people), which might make it easier to get them to join the forum in the future (maybe to write their own review).

Your "Calendar of Events" link doesn't work.

Now I'm sort of interested in making a similar site for GF...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:02:19 AM by mburtonk »

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »
Hey thanks for the comments!

I setup the forum links to automatically redirect...

I had always wanted to do resturant reviews, but I had wanted to do it through some rating system software... though I was never able to find a good free program.  I could just link it to the message board as you suggested.

What I would really like to do is run everything through a content management system then expand. I would love to see all colleges/universities in ND to have a site like ndbison.com.  I think it would help in bringing everything and the students together!

What calendar of events are you talking about?

...I can see it all now.  Now just making it happen is the hard part  :-\

BTW: We could draw a lot of people into campusdakota through ndbison just take a look at some of the stats http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s24ndbison
We are getting all sorts of hits from the search engines, though a lot of them are not really that relevant.  But it brings people in.  Keep in mind that the numbers at that site are a little low and they only count traffic on the main site (no forum etc.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:56:19 PM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
Quote from: pmp6nl
What calendar of events are you talking about?

http://www.ndbison.com/aroundtown.html
Calendar of Events

If you are looking for events around the FM metro take a look at the calendar of events for a listing of events in the FM metro for all of 2006.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »
Thanks.

I dont think there is an updated calendar on there, but I could have it forward to the calendar here.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything