Author Topic: good news, we can train in the WELLNESS CENTER!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

good news, we can train in the WELLNESS CENTER!
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »
Alright, looks like we have permission to train in the wellness center and store a few of our trainers there too! We have to get some of us (Erik and I for sure, anyone else?) to go through the training and such that the WC has to be an "official" cycling instructor. This is only needed if you believe you will be instructing the classes, the more the merrier though, because Erik and I won't be able to make every event. You won't have to instruct every time, it would be wise to have backup instructors because things come up.  We need to write up a description about the types of workouts we are going to be doing (just a basic idea) to get people into the classes. Yes people in the wellness center can come join us! QUESTIONS COMMENTS CONCERNS? 
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: good news, we can train in the WELLNESS CENTER!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
Schedule?

Officially calling "not it" on being an instructor.

As far as workouts go, I imagine we'll be doing everything from letting people spin for time to get base to some pretty intense stuff by the end of March to being fairly chill toward the end of April.  Maybe we could say something like "Structured workouts designed to enhance endurance, force, speed skills, muscular endurance, anaerobic endurance, and power, with the opportunity to utilize the spin bikes for active recovery.  There will be an opportunity for a hard or easy workout every day.  Contact the Cycling Team for a detailed schedule at http://undcycling.campusdakota.com." or somesuch.

I'm going to have a fairly set schedule for the number of hours/hard workouts I can do every week, but that should work itself out once I see which nights and how many hours we have the spin room.

Good job Logan!
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline James Foster

• UND
    • Ready For the Next Adventure
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
I'd do the instructor training! I'm not much of a racer so perhaps this is what I could contribute to the group  :)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »
Offer $50
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything