Author Topic: Possible Fundraising Opportunity  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Toaster

• UND
Possible Fundraising Opportunity
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »
Hey guys, I was just over at the North Dakota Museum of Art (my non-bike related job), and it sounds like they are going to need a lot of help this week putting some things together for an exhibition. They were wondering if I could possibly round up some volunteer help from the club. Although the details are not quite finalized, it sounds like they might be willing to make a charitable contribution to the club in return for our help. What it will most likely be is around $100 in return for 25 man/woman hours of volunteering. This is a great opportunity to help the cycling club, gain some volunteer experience to put on you resume, and have a good time. The people at the museum are an awesome bunch to work with, and although these projects involve a fair amount of manual labor (painting, nailing things together), the work ends up being a lot of fun (and sometimes a good work out, which you can count as part of your training programs!).

I should be able to set aside about ten hours of my time, that means that we need 3 other people to do 5 hours, or 5 people to do 3 hours or some other combination thereof. Please consider trying to make some time for this as it would be immensely helpful to the club.

More info to follow, let me know what you guys think/what times you might be available.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Possible Fundraising Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 03:21:13 PM »
I will help, just let me know when and where. Is it this week?Ishould be able to accomodate some 3-4 hours.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Toaster

• UND
Re: Possible Fundraising Opportunity
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you to all those that came out and volunteered some time for the museum. Together we amassed 9.5 hours of time. The museum said that they would bank those hours, and that we can reach our 25 by helping the museum with future projects. I will let you guys know when the next opportunity will be (hopefully with a bit more lead time). Thanks again.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything