Author Topic: Students making a difference at Leicester University  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Students making a difference at Leicester University
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:47:22 PM »

The University of Leicester Students' Union is currently undergoing planning stages for the redevelopment of the building.

We are calling for the new building to be as environmentally-friendly as possible to minimise its carbon foortprint, therefore saving money on bills which can be reinvested back into the SU and students.

People & Planet are the largest student network in the UK campaigning on climate change. Here at U. Leicester we are asking for our new SU to achieve top environmental performance to help campaign against global warming and save £££.

We will be pushing for:

- The highest BREEAM (environmental assessment method) score
- A green electricity tariff (sourced from renewables)
- Solar panels (by applying for grants)
- More input for ideas wanted.... have your say

So get behind this campaign to make our new SU as GREEN as possible! UoL GREEN SU open meetings will be held soon, watch this space!

WE NEED YOUR HELP! THIS IS A CAMPAIGN RUN BY STUDENTS FOR STUDENTS! GET INVOLVED!
Facebook group

If they can make a difference in what their school does with its new buildings, we should be able to too!

Seriously, this is a big commitment for so many students to be involved in this, and especially to have this many students show up for the aerial photo they have on the Facebook page (attached).  I think it's just absolutely great all around, and I wish we could get people to rally around things like this here in North Dakota.

[attachment deleted by admin]
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Students making a difference at Leicester University
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:25:20 AM »
Cool.  The state really needs to step it up for going green.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic