Author Topic: Wanna know about group rides? This is your post.  (Read 51041 times)

Offline fisch

• UND
Re: Wanna know about group rides? This is your post.
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
I need to be on the road by 9, but I can get to a meeting place (i.e. the bike shop) anytime, just let me know.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2008, 01:11:35 AM »
9:00 am in front of the Memorial Union,is this OK??
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline fisch

• UND
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2008, 06:45:49 AM »
Sounds great!

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »
Mountain bike trip...

Anyone up for a weekend trip to MN to do some mt biking, beverage consumption, and camping?  I'm thinking maybe Lutsen, maybe Afton Alps... unless others have ideas.  Probably one of the first weekends in July?  Let's get this going!

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »
9am it is ,tomorrow, in fronmt of the Union.Everybody is welcome.the more people the better!!
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
Mountain bike trip...

Anyone up for a weekend trip to MN to do some mt biking, beverage consumption, and camping?  I'm thinking maybe Lutsen, maybe Afton Alps... unless others have ideas.  Probably one of the first weekends in July?  Let's get this going!

I have no ideas where these places are, but I am definitely interested for some cycling once my thesis is done (about that time).
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »
Wednesday night urban ride.
Meet downtown in at the market square at 8:00 pm.
Ride the bike of your choice.
If Brian shows up, watch him TRY to ride trials.

Offline The Godfather

• UND
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »
Any interest in a "stage race" involving the Greater Grand Forks Adult Entertainment Establishments...ie, the bars!

Offline The Godfather

• UND
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »
GF's newest race "sear(s)ies"!!!!

GGFAEESR
Any interest in a "stage race" involving the Greater Grand Forks Adult Entertainment Establishments Stage Race...ie, the bars!

we'll also look in2 rezerwreckting the Greater Grand Forks Gravity Race Series

The Godfather has spoken

Offline The Godfather

• UND
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
Mountain bike trip...

I have no ideas where these places are, but I am definitely interested for some cycling once my thesis is done (about that time).

Do Elk River on ur way 2 the cities and then ride Lebanon, & Theodore Wirth, and the river bottoms in the minnieappleless area....I know there are others and will seek out info 4u....

even cooler is Levis-Trow mound in Wisco and Rock Lake around Hayward Wisco

Lutsen is alright....Afton is good.....have heard good things about Mt Kato in mankato

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Urban ride tomorrow (Friday)
Meet downtown at the market square at 8:00 pm
Ride the bike of your choice.

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »
Urban, as in hucking off of stuff right? I think beak might have thought more like an around town ride. Not that it wouldn't be fun to tag along. I guess I just wasn't sure weather or not beak is into jumping off of stuff, or crashing into said stuff.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:05 AM »
TWO rides.  Contain yourselves (all two of you that might show up).

1) Sounds like a hub ride Wednesday night (9:00 pm).  If you're interested, show up at the back of the shop.  last time we had people on fixies AND mt bikes.  It was fun stuff.

2) Urban ride Friday night at 7 pm meet at the market square downtown... this should be clarified as "urban assault"... hucking off stuff, falling, crashing, not any of the mentioned, whatever you please.

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 12:54:32 AM »
I'm thinking a harder/faster Turtle River ride this weekend on Friday (with beers to follow) in addition to the Sunday night ride....

So here it is:

Friday at 6:00 pm.  If you want to carpool give me a call 701-330-8944.

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 01:09:34 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this one. I have a meeting at 7 and I promised to hang out with the lady afterward. That means the rest of ya's are going to have to pick up the slack so that mark has somebody to ride with. Mario, I know you like to go fast, so go tear it up.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »
I would probably come but Tiff and I planed camping this weekend long time ago.Sorry!

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »
Yo allies in pedaling, not to take away from the Sunday evening rides out at TR, but there is going to be a unicycle rally this evening at the ralph at 6:00. You do not have to have any unicycle experience in order to attend. There will be plenty on uni's for people to try out, and there will be riders of all skill levels attending (I myself pretty much suck at riding uni, but after all crashing is fun right?). Hope to see some of you there!

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
Anybody interested in doing a hub ride tonight? It's been a couple of weeks since the last one, so I thought that people might be ready to exercise some demons. 9pm behind the shop for interested parties. 

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
Anybody riding at TR tonight?  Barring that, anyone up for an around town (not hucking off stuff) ride?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sloth

• UND
  • Lord of the Chainrings
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »
If anyone wants to carpool to TR tomorrow, give me a call. 330-8944.  It has been two weeks, and two weeks too long.

realistic