Author Topic: Wal-Mart vs. Greenday  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Wal-Mart vs. Greenday
« on: May 21, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »
Article here: http://new.music.yahoo.com/green-day/news/green-day-lashes-out-at-wal-mart-policy--61988870

Let me start by saying this.

1. Dookie was the FIRST CD I ever bought and the 1st CD I ever WANTED to buy that bad.
2. I was a HUGE Green Day fan, to the extent that my mom was going all over creation to the poor stores looking for Green Day apparel.
3. When American Idiot came out I was pissed. VERY pissed. I thought the band was trashing so much about this country that in fact enabled them to become what they were.

Now since then I have avoided them at all cost. Wal-Mart asked them to produce a censored version of their new CD and they said no. Wal-Mart said fine, we won't sell it then. And shockingly Green Day started whining.

1. Wal-Mart is a business, and therefore, can make their own business decisions. Even if you DID censor your CD and they hated you they didn't have to carry it... so long as it isn't discriminatory.
2. Every single rapper out their including one of the most controversial in the mainstream spotlight (Eminem) released a censored version? But Green Day thinks they shouldn't have to.

Well... here's what I think. Green Day are idiots (change that word to something less PC). I can't stand them, I think they are America haters, and while I can't admit they are bad musicians, I can easily and happily say... Good for you Wal-Mart. Their CD should stay in Canada with them.

Go away Green Day, I don't want your propaganda anymore.

Sincerely,
DC the kid you (BY THE WAY) didn't write back to on more than 1 dozen occasions and debated endlessly with his parents to allow him to get the version of your CD that said "masturbation". I hate you.  :mob:
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Meest

• UND
Re: Wal-Mart vs. Greenday
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »
Guardrail, if you hate Green day i might also recommend also disliking Rage Against the Machine, and Rise Against for their Anti Government stances...

If you don't like the music, don't listen to it... I find American idiot a very good album as a whole. One of the best well thought out CD's of the past 10 years, the flow and ups and downs of the album was very good. Lyrically, Could have been better, chord wise, could have used a little bit more than the 3+ chords.

If i was in a band I would also give the finger to Wal-Mart also, but i wouldn't complain. Any store that feels the need to sensor items for their customer is not a place I would buy from anyway. I don't see them whinning anywhere, just them saying that Wal-Marts Policy's seem very dated.

I still don't see how they are America Haters, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is more than welcome to say their viewpoints, how a person does it is up to them. your rant sounds like a person that complains that a Band has "sold out" but with the blanks filled in with a different reason.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:09:33 PM »
I think American Idiot is a very good album, but it's been a long time since I've tried to argue with someone about their taste in music (or my own).

I thought they were pretty good on Colbert last night.  I'm sure you can draw some conclusions from that :D
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:33:07 PM »
Meest, I can't argue with you because you really aren't arguing with me?

But there's no need for insults...
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Meest

• UND
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 12:26:01 AM »

1. Exactly.

2. I didn't insult anyone.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 12:40:11 AM »

1. Exactly.

2. I didn't insult anyone.

AHAAA!!!!!!

2. You insulted Wal-Mart!!!!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

lulz

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
Meest, you forget (or maybe you never knew) that Guardrail is heir to the WalMart empire.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Meest

• UND
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »
He's from arkansas? man... weird. My brother works at Walmart for almost 3 years... so I'm fine with that... Their whole media sensoring I don't agree with, nor do I really enjoy big box stores. I just choose to shop elsewhere.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything