Author Topic: HELP NEEDED! Tour the Trails  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Toaster

• UND
HELP NEEDED! Tour the Trails
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:16:26 AM »
Hey guys, I know that this is short notice, but Terry (owner of SBS) was wondering if a few guys could go down to Lincon Park today and help out as tour guides for the Tour the Trails event. Wear your UND jerseys and bring sweet bikes. Thanks for your help.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Toaster

• UND
Re: HELP NEEDED! Tour the Trails
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
Hey guys, I talked with Terry from the bike shop today, and he said that nobody except Nathan made it to the tour the trails event. This was a bit disappointing. I know that it was too short of notice for most people to plan on being there. And I made sure that Terry knew that. However, the Ski and Bike shop helps the club out in many ways (discounts, funds for medals and trophies, lending us equipment when we have events), and so we need to try and help them out as much as possible. Without their help, the cost of medals and trophies for our events would have wiped out our entire budget.

There need to be improvements on both ends, as far as the ship giving us notice of these sort of things, as well as a greater UNDCC presence at them.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »
I don't think UND Cycling has ANY fault for not showing up. I don't think it's fair for our representation (in this case Yost) to come on here and suggest that UND Cycling is disappointed in its members.

Frankly... I, as a member of UND Cycling... am disappointed in the shop.

Perhaps next time SBS can give us more than a FEW HOURS NOTICE before they send you on this message board to "scold" us for not dropping everything to help them out.

Im more than mad.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Plantains

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
Maybe if they wanted us to show up at events they should've signed our (expletive deleted) contract when we asked them. We're under no obligation to them.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
Perhaps the solution is for SBS ownership to have their own representative on the board, rather than putting Yost in the position of having to be both a cycling club member and a shop representative, and therefore getting crap from both sides.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:07 PM »
The shop did not send me here to "scold" anybody. In fact, I was not scolding.  I was merely saying that it would have been nice if more people from the club would have helped.

Even if the shop did not sponsor us at all, it is still important that the club be involved with cycling related events in the Grand Forks Community. It is after all, our purpose (to promote cycling in the Grand Forks area).

I apologize if the tone of the message sounded angry in any way, that is not how it was intended.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »
No... I don't think your tone sounded angry... I just think its bull for the shop to have ANYTHING to say regarding that.

Beek... I've suggested numerous times to Yost exactly what you just said. Its been suggested to the shop and very often people there read this.

We're essentially all on the same page. But if people expect us to promote ANYTHING we need at LEAST a days notice... not a few hours.

In Yosts defense... TECHNICALLY I'm the racing/event coordinator. The club was bound to miss a few things without someone fully devoted to scheduling events. If I could not be in NY... I would.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic