Author Topic: Bicycles aren't just for the homeless  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Bicycles aren't just for the homeless
« on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »
Contrary to what people spout off in the comments section on the Herald website:
Quote from: tj
If I ran my home the way he runs the country it would take me three lifetimes to pay off all my bills. In the mean time I would be living at the Northland Rescue Mission and riding a bike to work year round.

It continually bothers me that there are people who associate riding a bicycle with being homeless, with being poor, or with being part of "the green conspiracy."  I ride because it saves me money (on a parking pass at UND, on fuel, on wear on my vehicle (yes, I do have one)), keeps me in shape (even when I'm not on a training plan, at least I'm keeping my body in tune), reduces congestion (you're welcome, everyone else who drives across town to campus every day), keeps me from unnecessarily wasting natural resources (does this make me part of "the green conspiracy?), and IS ENJOYABLE FOR ME.

If you don't want to ride, fine.  Just don't look down upon me because I do.

/rant
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
Re: Bicycles aren't just for the homeless
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:11 AM »
If you go by internet comments alone, there is little hope for society...     I left a comment to this anyway. 

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Bicycles aren't just for the homeless
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »
If you go by internet comments alone, there is little hope for society...     I left a comment to this anyway. 
Good comment.

I am steadfastly holding out against creating an account there because I think it would suck time out of my day . . . and when you argue with strangers on the internet, that means they've already won.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic