Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 3697 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Gas Prices
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:19:05 AM »
So I was looking around the message board cleaning up some things and I came across the At The Pump section.

What I want to know is why do gas prices fluctuate so much?  You cannot tell me demand.  They said gas prices would be high in the winter due to the extra fuel needed; I heard they would not go up as high this spring/summer because less people would travel... all lies.

Why is it in February gas prices were below $2.00 then a few months later they were well over $3.00, in some places over $4.00!  It is just stupid.  Maybe I am missing something, but if so explain it to me.

I really like how for awhile gas prices on average were over $3.00, now they have settled to just below $3.00 again.  The funny thing is now people think $2.89 is a bargain for gas.  Was the spike over the $3.00 mark a way of modifying peoples thought process, a way of tricking people into thinking $2.89 is a bargain?  I think so.

I know this is a rant but what the hell is going on?  What are we going to do about it?   :angryfire:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:20:44 AM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

Offline JakeJZG

• SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    • tl;dr
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 05:44:12 AM »
Scuttlebut says a nice mix of China, refinery maintenance, mixture and type seasonal changes, supply and demand, Illuminati. ;)
Use Windows?  Want to know a better way?
Come join the East Dakota Linux Users Group!
http://talk.campusdakota.com/index.php?board=111.0
http://www.tldr.de/~edlug/

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »
I like how most places in town are at least $2.89/gallon, yet one is only $2.61

Either one is taking a smaller cut, or the others are trying to suck in some more money.
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »
I like how most places in town are at least $2.89/gallon, yet one is only $2.61

Either one is taking a smaller cut, or the others are trying to suck in some more money.

Rip off

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything