Author Topic: Giuliani stops in North Dakota - and tells us we're a big deal!  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani plans to make a stop in Fargo today.

The former New York City mayor is to hold a fundraiser, and possibly provide a chance for voters to hear him speak.

Giuliani also is planning to visit Sioux Falls, South Dakota, today.

Giuliani finished second in a North Dakota Republican presidential straw poll last month. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney finished first with 29 percent of the votes cast, while Giuliani got 22 percent.

Giuliani will be the first major Republican presidential candidate to visit North Dakota this year.
Linky

I'm curious though, who got the remaining 49% of the vote?  Does the Republican party of North Dakota really want to elect anyone who gets less than %50 of the vote when it's only Republicans on the ballot?

More news:
Giuliani Says North Dakota Has A "Big Role" In His Winning The Nomination

November 15, 2007 7:08 a.m. EST

Danilo Gagelonia - AHN News Writer

Fargo, ND (AHN) - Presidential hopeful and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliano says North Dakota will have a major contribution in his winning the Republican nomination.

At a fundraiser in Fargo on Wednesday, Giuliani said, "To get elected, I need your support. And North Dakota can play a big role. You have what is now considered an early caucus on a very big day. Believe me, every one of those votes count. We know how close the elections become."

About 125 people attended the $250 a plate luncheon. Giuliani briefly discussed issues on the threat of terrorism and the state of the economy.

"The reality is that the soundness of our economy and the safety and protection of the United States are the overriding issues. They unite us as people," he explained.

Giuliani is the first Republican presidential candidate to visit North Dakota this year. He told supporters, "And let's keep it that way. Not that they shouldn't all visit, but we should remain first."

North Dakota's Democratic and Republican caucuses will be held February 5, 2008.
Linky

Because North Dakota will set the stage for the rest of the country . . . where we lead, people will follow . . . ? . . .

Giuliani is the first Republican presidential candidate to visit North Dakota this year. He told supporters, "And let's keep it that way. Not that they shouldn't all visit, but we should remain first."
Of course, nobody let any other presidential candidates travel back in time and get here before Giuliani.  That just wouldn't be right.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:19:33 AM by mburtonk »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Giuliani stops in North Dakota - and tells us we're a big deal!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 11:07:56 PM »
I am not sure who got the other 49%.  I actually havent done much by way of following politics yet.

Because North Dakota will set the stage for the rest of the country . . . where we lead, people will follow . . . ? . . .

It would be nice if ND took a lead and was looked to by others.  Lets see if it happens
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything