Poll

What game system are you getting in the near future?

WII
6 (60%)
Xbox 360
0 (0%)
Ps3
0 (0%)
More then one.
1 (10%)
Other (post below)
0 (0%)
None
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Game System Poll  (Read 6776 times)

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
Game System Poll
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:54:37 AM »
So what game system are you getting in the near future?

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Game System Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:49:50 AM »
WII looks so sweet, and its a great price.

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
Right now I have the 360 (still have my Xbox too) and I really love it. A great system for sure.

I will get the Wii most likely next Feb. I just think the PS3 is really shooting itsself in the foot with all their claims and broken promises. It almost seems every week is a new blunder on their part.

I have a Gamecube, SNES, Gameboy SP and DS right now so a Wii is just a given that I will get it. I just really hope this idea of their whole Nintendo library being able to be downloaded comes to light.

I also hope that Guitar Hero II comes to 360 because I do not want to buy a PS2 (although I came really close this weekend after another jam session of Guitar Hero at my friends place).

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:04:05 AM »
Right now I have the 360 (still have my Xbox too) and I really love it. A great system for sure.

I will get the Wii most likely next Feb. I just think the PS3 is really shooting itsself in the foot with all their claims and broken promises. It almost seems every week is a new blunder on their part.

I have a Gamecube, SNES, Gameboy SP and DS right now so a Wii is just a given that I will get it. I just really hope this idea of their whole Nintendo library being able to be downloaded comes to light.

I also hope that Guitar Hero II comes to 360 because I do not want to buy a PS2 (although I came really close this weekend after another jam session of Guitar Hero at my friends place).

I am going to get WII, not only is it the only system I can afford, Xbox never really appealed to be, and PS3, um no.  I guess I am just a Nintendo Fanboy; I just like Nintendo products!
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline sscamaro1967

• UND
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:15:45 AM »
Already got a Ps3 from launch day, now just waiting for some cash to get a wii for the g/f she wants one. The ps3 is amazing though, best deal out there for an high def users.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 01:19:26 PM »
Already got a Ps3 from launch day, now just waiting for some cash to get a wii for the g/f she wants one. The ps3 is amazing though, best deal out there for an high def users.

You dont want a Wii?
CampusDakota.com

Offline sscamaro1967

• UND
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
Its not that i don't want a Wii, its just that i'm not into the games the wii has, i'm not a zelda fan, i'd probably play red steel for about an hour.  Its a fun system i've played it quite a bit, but i think the games are for a different audience than me.  I'd rather play Resistance, or Halo, or this fall when Assassins creed comes out, and oblivian.  not a big fan of mario anymore.  although the occasional mariokart on super nes does happen.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »
I have a Nintendo 64.  Does that count for anything anymore?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline sscamaro1967

• UND
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 01:48:12 PM »
Haha, rockin it old school huh,  I actually had one of those too. my favorite right b4 the ps3 was actaully dreamcast, man was res. evil fun on that thing.  but i think the game poll is more for the 3 newer systems.  I strongly recoment the ps3, i'm not a fanboy i just think its a better machine, give it some time and the game library will grow, thats all 360 has on it right now.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:48 PM »
I'll bet that if someone came out with a system that just played video games (without all this internet connectivity, DVD playing, multimedia library crap), they would make a killing.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 11:11:18 PM »
I'll bet that if someone came out with a system that just played video games (without all this internet connectivity, DVD playing, multimedia library crap), they would make a killing.

Similar to the Wii
CampusDakota.com

Offline sscamaro1967

• UND
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 11:25:24 PM »
True, the Wii can't play dvd's, or cd's, however it can play gc games...but it does have wifi, which is really cool...my friend just got super mario 3, its pretty sweet.....I think if james bond 007 ever comes out (goldeneye) i will probably fork over the 250 for the wii.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 11:29:58 PM »
Golden Eye on Wii would seal the deal for me.
CampusDakota.com

Offline sscamaro1967

• UND
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »
I don't see whats so special about the Wii?? except the rather atractive price tag.  But yeah the Wii games i would most likely buy would be goldeneye, mariocart, and probably off of the downloadable content would be super mario 3, just cause its a classic and you have to have it.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
I don't see whats so special about the Wii?? except the rather atractive price tag.  But yeah the Wii games i would most likely buy would be goldeneye, mariocart, and probably off of the downloadable content would be super mario 3, just cause its a classic and you have to have it.

I guess people like being able to play in different ways then the "standard" controllers.  Personally I think they could go really far with the Wii, but I suppose only time will tell in how innovative they are.

Also, being able to play the other games should be a huge draw, I know it would be for me if I actually had time to game and had some money.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic