Author Topic: One thing you would change about NDSU  (Read 7771 times)

Offline zman

• NDSU
One thing you would change about NDSU
« on: August 28, 2006, 01:43:04 PM »
What is at least one thing you would change about NDSU.

I would do something about some of the unfriendly middle-level administration.

Offline amyc

• NDSU
Re: One thing you would change about NDSU
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »
Ditch PeopleSoft and Campus Connection.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
Ditch PeopleSoft and Campus Connection.

I agree  :blob3:
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
Raise the printing allocation
Go Bison!

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
I would centralize the child care and make drop off a bit easier. (for those of us with kids...)

I know that the wellness center is under contruction now and things will improve when it is done but man is it a hassle right now to drop off your kid.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »
I would centralize the child care and make drop off a bit easier. (for those of us with kids...)

I know that the wellness center is under contruction now and things will improve when it is done but man is it a hassle right now to drop off your kid.

Is there just nowhere to park, or is the problem getting around all the construction stuff?
CampusDakota.com

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »
If you drive you just stop in front of the Wellness center on Centenial and run in all the way to the north end of the Center. There will be a north entrance once the construction is done with parking but right now you have to put your car in the way.

Not a major thing but just kind of annoying for now.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 10:47:46 AM »
If you drive you just stop in front of the Wellness center on Centenial and run in all the way to the north end of the Center. There will be a north entrance once the construction is done with parking but right now you have to put your car in the way.

Not a major thing but just kind of annoying for now.

That sucks, hopefully they will have the construction out of the parking lot by winter.

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
Update some of the buildings such as Minard.  Some of the buildings look outdated; they need new paint, carpet, and chairs.  Come on NDSU!

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 05:16:59 PM »
Update some of the buildings such as Minard.  Some of the buildings look outdated; they need new paint, carpet, and chairs.  Come on NDSU!

I agree.  Some of the older buildings really need it.  And while they are at it, maybe some new desks.  Some of the desks are so old that they still say North Dakota Agricultural College on them.

Offline taco87

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 06:38:02 PM »
I know what I would change, vistitation hours in the dorms.  All the high rises are 24 hour visitation, why aren't the rest of the dorms?  It would save a lot a headaches and hassles for the RA's.  We are all adults now, I think we can make our own decisions.

Offline hockeygirl

• NDSU
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »
I think I would make drinking alllowable on campus.  It seems like it would take care of a lot of problems of patrolling (especially dorms).  People are going to do it anyway.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »
I think I would make drinking alllowable on campus.  It seems like it would take care of a lot of problems of patrolling (especially dorms).  People are going to do it anyway.

I wouldnt count on that happening any time soon.  Maybe stiffer punishments would curb drinking (underage drinking that is). Just because you are in college does not mean you are above the law and able to drink under 21.

Offline BisonBrandon

• NDSU
  • Johnny Bravo
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »

It's true, and speaking from Past RA experience: If you do something and nobody catches you.... it's like it never happened. Moral of the story is, you can get away with anything your want so long as nobody else is bothered by it and the right people aren't drawn to your actions. This can include being quiet and not inviting that loudmouth friend of yours from down the hall to your room late at night. Furthermore, RA's don't "patroll", they look out for what other people are bothered by and work to fix it. Not everyone wants to stay up all night listening to you and your debateably intoxicated friends laughing at movies all night.....

Also, to answer a previous question, all residence halls now have 24 hour visitation. This came into effect in 2005 if I'm not mistaken.

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »
It's true, and speaking from Past RA experience: If you do something and nobody catches you.... it's like it never happened. Moral of the story is, you can get away with anything your want so long as nobody else is bothered by it and the right people aren't drawn to your actions. This can include being quiet and not inviting that loudmouth friend of yours from down the hall to your room late at night. Furthermore, RA's don't "patroll", they look out for what other people are bothered by and work to fix it. Not everyone wants to stay up all night listening to you and your debateably intoxicated friends laughing at movies all night.....

Also, to answer a previous question, all residence halls now have 24 hour visitation. This came into effect in 2005 if I'm not mistaken.

Except for those RA that are on a power trip!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic