Author Topic: NDSU and the Mid-Continent Conference  (Read 4123 times)

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
NDSU and the Mid-Continent Conference
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
So what does everyone think of NDSU joining the Mid-Continent Conference, I personally dont see the big deal.  The conference doesnt even include football.  I guess its good for NDSU overall though.
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline KwietStorm

• NDSU
Re: NDSU and the Mid-Continent Conference
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 12:24:31 AM »
It's a very big deal.  As a basketball fan I am sick of home games against Mayviile State, Mary(ND), and crappy teams like that. Now we will get more D-1 schools up here in Fargo.  I follow basketball so I heard of all these schools, I am pumped. I don't know if you noticed but we had one of the top 5 youngest teams in the country last year and we did very well(we beat fricken Wisconsin at the KOHL CENTER!) If NDSU ever wanted a chance of getting into the national tournament or even the NIT, they will need a conference, and now we have it! 
No Football? Who cares.  We are already in a good conference, with 3 teams currently ranked nationally.  Granted we need more teams to join in order to get an automatic bid someday in the D1-AA tourney, but right now we are in good shape.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
Re: NDSU and the Mid-Continent Conference
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 10:43:06 AM »
It's a very big deal.  As a basketball fan I am sick of home games against Mayviile State, Mary(ND), and crappy teams like that. Now we will get more D-1 schools up here in Fargo.  I follow basketball so I heard of all these schools, I am pumped. I don't know if you noticed but we had one of the top 5 youngest teams in the country last year and we did very well(we beat fricken Wisconsin at the KOHL CENTER!) If NDSU ever wanted a chance of getting into the national tournament or even the NIT, they will need a conference, and now we have it! 
No Football? Who cares.  We are already in a good conference, with 3 teams currently ranked nationally.  Granted we need more teams to join in order to get an automatic bid someday in the D1-AA tourney, but right now we are in good shape.

I suppose I see your point.  I was posting more for conversation purposes then anything; I had not really been following the entire thing and had only heard of it briefly so I wanted to know what others thought.  Thanks for the info.  :)
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything