Author Topic: SoonerNSioux  (Read 4545 times)

Offline SoonerNSioux

• UND
    • www.ontheplains.com
SoonerNSioux
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:19:50 PM »
Greetings.  Saw the link to this board on a GF blog in my never ending quest to figure out what is actually going on in this state.

My wife and I recently moved to Grand Forks from Oklahoma in August of 2006 so I could pursue my PhD in atmospheric science at UND.  As the name implies, I'm originally a Sooner and received my BS and MS in meteorology from the U. of Oklahoma in 2004 and 2006.  I am an avid weather nerd and do the whole storm chasing thing so ND fits the bill of still being chase territory.

As far as interests go, I already mentioned the storm chasing bit.  Hand in hand with that hobby is photography (www.ontheplains.com is my photog. site).   I'm a big fan of the outdoors in general so I also love to hike and kayak.   

Similar to mburtonk, I have no animosity towards NDSU.  As far as I'm concerned this state is too small in terms of population to try and hate each other's guts (the entire GF vs Fargo debate is tiresome).  Although the state has its quirks, it seems like a decent place to live.  It better be considering we'll be here for a few years  :D

I suppose that's all for now!  Not sure how much I'll post, but hopefully I will at least be more aware of what's going on in these parts. 

Aaron
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:22:10 PM by SoonerNSioux »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: SoonerNSioux
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »
Welcome to the board!  Come back often!

Nice to see another grad student--are you interested in joiing the Graduate Student Association?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline SoonerNSioux

• UND
    • www.ontheplains.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:55:14 PM »
I was never one for politics, although I'd like to see the GSA try and get grad students yearly access to the wellness center.  For the amount of fees we pay for the facility, we shouldn't have to take summer classes/pay $95 for the summer to use the center.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
Welcome to the board SoonerNSioux!

I also think the whole rivalry thing is a little out there.  I have no problem with the Sioux, now that JackRabbits is another thing.
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »
Welcome.

Enjoy your stay and post whatever you want.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:58:50 PM »
Welcome!

Post away!
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic