Poll

Which boards are unnecessary (and could be deleted or merged)?

The Water Cooler
0 (0%)
Introductions
1 (6.7%)
Spout
3 (20%)
Guest Speak
1 (6.7%)
At The Pump
2 (13.3%)
Happenings
0 (0%)
Roar (UND)
0 (0%)
Buzz (UND)
0 (0%)
I Spy UND (UND)
2 (13.3%)
A United UND (UND)
0 (0%)
Campus Quirks (NDSU)
0 (0%)
Get a Job (NDSU)
0 (0%)
The Course Load
1 (6.7%)
Class Help (ALL)
1 (6.7%)
Class Help (sub-fora: please specify)
0 (0%)
The Gallery
0 (0%)
Mess Hall
0 (0%)
The Dome
0 (0%)
Gizmos, Gadgets, & Games
0 (0%)
What The
1 (6.7%)
Videos
1 (6.7%)
Jokes
1 (6.7%)
Feedback, Suggestions, & Support
0 (0%)
FAQ
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Poll: Which boards are unnecessary? What do YOU want out of Campus Dakota?  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Hi everyone,

pmp6nl and I have different ideas when it comes to the structure of a message board:  He (as you can tell from the number of different boards here and at ndbison.com) apparently likes everything in its place and borken down by topic.  I, on the other hand, would rather see fewer boards with more action in them and more slop in subject matter (and less scrolling, but then I'm lazy).

So before I potentially screw anything up (I know, those of you from ndbison probably hate me by now) even more, I think it would be great for everyone to drop some input in here on what the board structure would be.

You can also think of trying to answer this question:

What do I want to get out of Campus Dakota, and how can this be done?

I, personally, want to see this board grow into being a primary source of information for students in North Dakota.  What I mean is, if you want to know what's going on with who, where you should head for entertainment, and what all secrets of the universities are, this would be the place to come.  I don't think we need to compete with MySpace, or Facebook, or people's blogs, because those are all there for a different purpose.  I DO think that this forum is a prime place for the sort of institutional memory that gets lost every four years or so--things like how much tuition has gone up, what the problems with Campus Security are, who the best professors are, and other things of that nature.  Most of all, I think this is a great way to meet new people you wouldn't normally run into, without resorting to poking them on Facebook.

Well, I've said a whole lot here.  I hope everyone can say a word or two about what they think too.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline SoonerNSioux

• UND
    • www.ontheplains.com
In general I feel quite a few subforums could be combined for the amount of traffic they see.  Too many sub forums can be a bad thing if there are a limited amount of users.   

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
I agree with both of you.

I hope this merger can bring all of the students of North Dakota together and that a united voice can resonate from it.

Think of the power we could have (with educational policies) if we had thousands of ND students on here!  No more being pushed around by policy/law makers!  ;D
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline zman

• NDSU
I guess a good way to tell is to see if new topics are sent really far down in the list in one day.  If this happens then maybe they need to be split up.

Otherwise I see no problem with some consolidation.

I would merge FAQ into Feedback, Suggestions, & Support and some other could also be merged!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 02:57:10 PM by zman »

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Any specifics, aside from FAQ/Feedback ?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
By all means, cut it down as you all see fit.  Just try not to overload one board.

Lets get traffic and posts!!!  ;D
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything