Author Topic: Help wanted  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Help wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
If anyone has ever dreamed of writing for a cycling rag (velonews/bicycling etc) this is pretty much the best stepping stone for you!
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Toaster

• UND
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
Man, that seems like a really great/fun opportunity for somebody. Wish I had time to do it.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »
Man, that seems like a really great/fun opportunity for somebody. I'd be happy to do it.

Fixed that for you.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
lol... I have the time... I'm just not on the NCCCC racing scene. I should've done it last year... but damn CFI!
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 10:01:06 AM »
Still out there for someone who wants to pick it up...

Seriously, contributing to this website could help get the NCCCC and maybe even UND Cycling on the national collegiate map.  You don't have to be a great writer, just someone who wants to report what happens at the race weekends and maybe the conference problems and confusions (of which there are, from time to time).

Offline Plantains

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Silly question beek... but why aren't you doing it? I mean, you tried to keep a journal last season didn't you? And you write/wrote for DS?

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
I a"ways try to keep track of what our team does at races, which was really hard last year because I didn't travel.  It could be possible for me to do this, since I know what's up and how to write, but it would be one more thing that I was doing that someone else could get more out of and probably have more fun with.  I'd like to focus on some more postrace interviews with the team, but I honestly think I would be selfish to do this just because I know how and would be taking a learning experience away from someone closer to the age of our newest riders.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »
CCN is still looking for contributors, but if you're looking for even less work, how about this?

Greetings North Central, South Central, Inter-Mountain, and Southwest* Collegiate Cycling Conferences!

I’d like to ask a very simple task of one person from each conference; please pass this on to all your teammates.

Every Monday for the remainder of the road season, I’d like to post a summary of the racing action in each conference, wherein a summary is defined as ONE paragraph briefly describing the past weekend's event with minimal detail (similar to our weekly Development Wrap: http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=6006) and ONE photo. Two reasons I’m asking for just one paragraph:

1.     Cross-conference interest: Very few people have the spare time or interest to invest in reading full-on race reports from other conferences. They will read the blogs and reports of their friends and fellow ___CCC racers, but will most likely only skim the reports from other conferences.

2.     Ease and Promptness: It typically takes a day or two to get a full article together with photos, etc., but this is something you can spit out on a smartphone on the ride home or on the trainer while you cool down after a crit. At most, just 15 minutes on your computer when you get home and it’s done.

What’s in it for you?

1.     Your byline on usacycling.org (i.e. eternal fame and glory)
2.     Some résumé cred
3.     The warm and fuzzy feeling you’ll get from helping grow collegiate cycling
4.     If you don’t have a full non-collegiate USA Cycling license yet, we will give you one for free. How ‘bout that?

I believe both Velonews and Collegiate Cycling News are still looking for contributors from each of your conferences, as well, so if you end up writing race reports for those organizations, as well, we would link from your paragraph to the full race report on those sites, as well .

If you’re interested please reply to me directly. Thanks!

-Jeffrey

*Southwest conference, I realize this is your last weekend of racing, and I apologize that I didn’t make this offer sooner, but the offer stands for mountain bike season this fall, as well…

Jeffrey Hansen
High School and Collegiate Program Manager
USA Cycling
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
phone: 719.434.4215
fax: 719.434.4315
mobile: 719.344.2089
e-mail: [email protected]
www.usacycling.org

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything