Author Topic: 2010 Psychocross!  (Read 25517 times)

Offline Tcb03c

• UND
Re: 2010 Psychocross!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »
Flyers are Done! hooraa :mob:

Cyclocross Halloween flyer by Ted
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:49:48 PM by Sal Atticum »

Offline Tcb03c

• UND
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
And for the series!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »
Also, so people are aware. There is a distinct possibility that there will be bicycles available if you ask nicely. Many of our members have both mountain bikes and cyclocross bikes. As such, if you want to do a race like this, it is very possible that you can.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Plantains

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »
OMG Get ready!

Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Lauren

• UND
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
just received a question asking if all the races lasted till 8:30 pm because on the facebook event, it says it starts at 2 pm and ends at 8:30, then the one on November 7th says it starts at 3 and ends at 11 pm. I said I didn't think it would go on that long.......... lol, but thought I should ask before I gave them the wrong answer??

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
No, they won't be that long.  For the races themselves, we're looking at 20 at least 30 minutes for beginner and 40 at least 45 minutes for advanced, plus time to stand around and calculate results, plus time to give out schwag afterward.  Of course, if people want to stick around and play polo, that's cool too.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:36:41 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »
No, they won't be that long.  For the races themselves, we're looking at 20 minutes for beginner and 40 minutes for advanced, plus time to stand around and calculate results, plus time to give out schwag afterward.  Of course, if people want to stick around and play polo, that's cool too.

What? 30/45 at LEAST.

Lauren... It would be safe to say that a beginner could expect a race to run about 30 minutes and someone that is not a beginner shouldn't anticipate longer than an hour.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
Apparently my memory is incorrect.

laurenf

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 10:07:21 AM »
Though I am all for the costume part of the race and would fully encourage people to dress in gorilla and chicken costumes......let's please try to keep the race clean, no crime please

http://www.popfi.com/2010/10/12/bike-thieves-wore-chicken-gorilla-suits-during-crime/

Offline Tcb03c

• UND
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
i don't know what you're talking about, races are listed 2p to 5p on facebook. Must be using a faulty java script on your whoseamacallit

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
For anyone who was asking me about funding from the city, we can't apply for that again this year.  The applications for next year events are due soon though (see the Bikecicle 2011 thread).

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 03:05:09 PM »
Special event permit application is IN.  Ted and I just brought it down to City Hall.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »
Lauren u give me the lulz.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
Also, so people are aware. There is a distinct possibility that there will be bicycles available if you ask nicely. Many of our members have both mountain bikes and cyclocross bikes. As such, if you want to do a race like this, it is very possible that you can.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
Any chance of Yost running some sort of cx workshop between now and the first race?

Offline redtailin

• UND
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
hey DC, could you repeat that? I didnt quite catch what you were saying...something about not enough bikes for people that want to ride???
3 gears of single speed....sit, stand, walk.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
Phelps I'm slashing ur tires currently.

It would be pretty sweet if yost could run that. If not though, I'm sure there will be enough experience floating around at the pre race to answer questions for new dewds.

laurenfuller

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/calendarSubmitEvent/
I was doing it and then thought it might be better Beek if I let you do it in case I left out any details.......

Offline Lauren

• UND
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything