Author Topic: F Gas Prices  (Read 8648 times)

Offline northdakotastate

• NDSU
F Gas Prices
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:28:03 PM »
WTF is up with gas prices?  Nearly $3 a gallon is just retarded.  Bush needs to get on the ball and do something about it, and dont tell me he cant.

If we can put people on the moon and talk to someone around the world with little delay, then we can find some way to lower fuel prices, or produce an alternative.

I think he is so busy lining his pockets with oil money he doesnt give a shit.

WTF

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: F Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:36:35 PM »
I agree, this is getting ridiculous.  There is no reason for this as you said.  I think it will take some sort massive protest or something, but like that will ever happen.  People dont care enough.

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 09:22:54 PM »
I agree.  I am sick of spending an arm and a leg every time I fill up.

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 10:56:09 PM »

Wow, you mean you can pay with an arm and a leg each time you fill up?  That is crazy.  Too bad you can only fill up twice. :(

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »

Wow, you mean you can pay with an arm and a leg each time you fill up?  That is crazy.  Too bad you can only fill up twice. :(
[/quote

It's ok, I have friends.

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »
Well atleast they are finally dropping.  $2.37 at M&H

;D

Offline amyc

• NDSU
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »
Well atleast they are finally dropping.  $2.37 at M&H

;D

AMEN.  It has never cost me so little to fill up my car.

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »
I have been riding bike a lot more this year and it has been great.

If you don't like the gas prices.... DON'T BUY IT!

Walk
Ride Bike
Ride the Bus

Yeah winter sucks for walking and riding bike so get with friends and carpool.

Plus just saying that the President should do something about it isn't good enough for me. Say how he should do it. It drives me nuts when people say he could do something but doesnt because he has ties to big oil. So many of our past presidents must have also because this isn't the first time prices have been high. Clinton had high prices, Carter, Nixon too.

Yes politicians can do things to change oil prices but it takes more than just the President. It takes Congress, Senate and the House also. It also takes SUV owners and RV owners.

Somehow I bet the next president being republican, democrat, or other (yeah right thats just too scary for the majority...) will have high gas prices too.

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 01:04:33 PM »
I have been riding bike a lot more this year and it has been great.

If you don't like the gas prices.... DON'T BUY IT!

Walk
Ride Bike
Ride the Bus

Yeah winter sucks for walking and riding bike so get with friends and carpool.

Plus just saying that the President should do something about it isn't good enough for me. Say how he should do it. It drives me nuts when people say he could do something but doesn't because he has ties to big oil. So many of our past presidents must have also because this isn't the first time prices have been high. Clinton had high prices, Carter, Nixon too.

Yes politicians can do things to change oil prices but it takes more than just the President. It takes Congress, Senate and the House also. It also takes SUV owners and RV owners.

Somehow I bet the next president being republican, democrat, or other (yeah right thats just too scary for the majority...) will have high gas prices too.

Well yes I have to agree with you, but I liked complaining  :tongue1: .  I drive a car that gets over 30mpg, and I dont even drive that much.  I think instead of trying to get gas prices to go lower, we need to actually put some money into finding an alternate source.  You would think a country as advanced as us that we would be able to fuel our cars some other way.

I know its not the best solution, but to lower gas prices they could cut back on the often 30 cents per gallon tax; and to solve the problem with decreased tax revenue they could stop spending the money in the first place. Even though I dont believe in it, why not get some oil from Iraq to pay for the war (that they didnt necessarily want).

I say lets get past the use of gas.

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 01:11:45 PM »
The funny thing about the oil in Iraq is that the US doesn't even use much of it. Most of that oil goes to Europe and Asia! We secure it for other countries to make others happy... And in the long run it makes others mad since many are uninformed... You gotta love the media.

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2006, 11:19:03 AM »
The funny thing about the oil in Iraq is that the US doesn't even use much of it. Most of that oil goes to Europe and Asia! We secure it for other countries to make others happy... And in the long run it makes others mad since many are uninformed... You gotta love the media.

I agree.  Also, thats why I make it a habit of usually only watch PBS or maybe CNN for news.  Other then that I get it from the net or the BBC  ;)
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline zman

• NDSU
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 07:33:47 PM »
Gas is in the 2.20 range  ;D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic