Author Topic: Tech Tuesday: Episode 6  (Read 3103 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Tech Tuesday: Episode 6
« on: July 09, 2008, 02:00:40 AM »
by pmp6nl

Nearly everyone has a favorite TV show or type of show, but not everyone is able to watch them on TV for various reasons. Well the internet once again has our back allowing us to watch many TV shows at our convenience.

Within this article I outline several websites that host current and old TV shows, these website vary from official network websites to websites that have official partnerships with those that own the content. While there is not one website that offers every show you may want, hopefully this listing will cover most of your TV needs.

3rd Party Websites

Hulu
Hulu offers videos from over 50 content providers including NBC, MGM, and Warner Bros.

While Hulu does offer some full length TV episodes, much of its content is made up of video clips.

Veoh
Veoh is another service that offers TV content, though like Hulu most of its offerings are clips as opposed to full length episodes. It should be noted that much of the content on the site is actually linked from other sites.

Joost
Joost is similar to the other sites listed, but offers shows not available on the other sites. Of note Joost "requires" you to download their player to watch the videos. Channels can be created and Joost is a bit more focused on tying "social networking" to the whole online TV thing.

Full article . . .
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:52:35 PM by Sal Atticum »
CampusDakota.com

Offline ajekt

• NDSU
Re: Tech Tuesday: Episode 6
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
Thanks for the tips, I have been looking for some ways to catch my favorite flicks.
N-D-S-U ... Goooooo Bison!

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Tech Tuesday: Episode 6
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
This topic is locked.  You can still comment at http://www.campusdakota.com/node/16
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

anything
realistic
anything