Author Topic: Dont Jump Again!  (Read 3605 times)

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Dont Jump Again!
« on: November 21, 2007, 06:21:45 AM »
This is kinda random, but I thought I would post it on here anyways.  Its from my blog...

Dont Jump Again!

Well there seems to be a reoccurring theme whereas I seem to be always blogging while I am waiting for my plane to leave, again this is the case.  This time I am heading home for Thanksgiving, back to Iowa from Fargo.  The planes leaves at 7, so I have a little while yet.

So after I passed through security I put my laptop on top of my laptop bag which was on top of a table while I was grabbing other things.  I turned around to grab some things and heard a Thump.  I spun around to see my laptop sprawled out on the floor, in an apparent suicide attempt.

While the laptop made the plunge nothing appeared to be oddly sticking out of it.  I opened the lid and was relieved to see that the screen was not broken.  Then I was like oh crap, I hope it still turns on.  I put the laptop safely in the bag on the table, but I pushed it back far enough that another plunge would not be a feasible option for the laptop.  Oh was I mistaken; the laptop proceeded to jump off of the table again...  No I was just kidding on the second jump, but the first one was real.

After grabbing all my stuff I proceed to a desk at the airport and popped open the lid of my laptop and hit the on button .... .... I know you are waiting to know what happened ....  It turned on and booted correctly.  The laptop's fall roughly 4ft onto carpeted concrete did not even chip off any paint... good ole Gateway.  We all know a Dell would have exploded or something crazy like that if it fell a few inches.

So with that I am using the laptop to type this.  Lets hope that never happens again.
CampusDakota.com

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Dont Jump Again!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »
I'm glad my laptop isn't suicidal . . . maybe I should begin to be concerned about your laptop's home life, and what could be causing such tendencies . . .
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Dont Jump Again!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »
I'm glad my laptop isn't suicidal . . . maybe I should begin to be concerned about your laptop's home life, and what could be causing such tendencies . . .

You just never know what sort of crazy things it may due.  Just remember... back it up
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic