Author Topic: Non biking success  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Bedwyr

Non biking success
« on: October 29, 2010, 08:05:29 AM »
Not biking related, but I'm highly stoked.  The workout-of-the-day yesterday was a 5k.  I ran the course in 19:19.  That's actually better than my times back in high school (was never all that awesome X-C).  The training is doing what it should be doing.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Non biking success
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 10:43:14 AM »
Well done!
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
Congrats.  I was hoping to begin running more seriously this summer, but events prevented me.  Looks like it will be a while before I attempt to go under 20 again.

I'm not sure who else is working on running at this point, but you might be able to find some other people to train with if you ask.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »
Thats awesome man! you're doing crossfit/crossfit endurance workouts right? i 've been looking into that a little bit too, are you training for anything like a triathlon or anything in particular?
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Bedwyr

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
Thats awesome man! you're doing crossfit/crossfit endurance workouts right? i 've been looking into that a little bit too, are you training for anything like a triathlon or anything in particular?

I'm working slowly into it.  It's 15-30 minutes of absolute hell, but fun as anything.  They preach the kipping pullup pretty hard as part of their full-body, functional movement paradigm.  I still don't have the hang of them and still have pretty weak upper body strength.  For crossfitters?  We've got one guy, Tyler, who's L1 certified and I usually do the workouts with him in the evenings.  An affliate just opened in Fargo (will check that out next weekend probably).  One of my CFI buddies is interested and his wife has been doing X-fit in Florida.  She'll be here next month.  Yeah, it's kind of growing.

I'm making Ironman a 2-3 year goal, getting a bunch of component pieces in place before I declare I'm actually training: get the nutrition dialed in, figure out and adjust to CFE, figure out swimming on UND's "generous" schedule  ::).  And it'd be nice to get a <4hr marathon done.

Let me know if you want to do some WODs with us.  Tyler's good at it, I'm a weak newb, and his sister's new too so it's not like some elite thing (yet).

Oh, ps- I ran the 5k in my Vibrams.  Those things are really working out.

Offline sanders

• UND
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:58:20 PM »
ah nice dude, i have a pair of vibrams too, although im still trying build up my distance in them, im only at about 1.8miles running in them per time, but they are fun to run in for sure. Yea you should let me know when you guys are going to do a WOD next, i'd like to try it out. I've been doing tri's and also tons of biking stuff for a couple years now its a ton o fun
Alone you are an athlete but on a bike you are a rocket

Offline Bedwyr

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Ok.  PM me your phone # and I'll text you.  I'll be working out around 7pm tonight if you're up for it (bring the Vibrams, probably good we both get used to using em for weightlifting).  Look for the mainsite WOD.  This will be an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) 20 minutes.  10 wallball throws, substituting thrusters with the barbell.  10 GHD situps, 10 GHD extensions.  Keep going until 20 minutes or you throw up.

Offline Bedwyr

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »
AMRAP
10 thrusters: 45lb barbell
10 situps: 10lb weight
10 back extensions: 10lb weight

Me: 10 rounds in 20 minutes

Eric: 11 rounds in 20 minutes

Good job.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic