Author Topic: Take the UPC Spring Concert survey!  (Read 4468 times)

Offline talksalot83

• UND
Take the UPC Spring Concert survey!
« on: October 31, 2006, 09:26:15 PM »
I know that there was an email announcement sent out, but I just wanted to mention it here because I think it's important for people to get their feelings out there about Spring Concert. Regardless of how you feel about it. :)

I know that my student senators haven't made it a point to talk to people about how they feel. Unless, of course, it's their friends they're talking to.

Offline jbaker

• UND
Re: Take the UPC Spring Concert survey!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:56:42 AM »
i responded to it, but i am fairly sure i am in the small minority.

educational programming? yeah, lottts of UND students want that.

???

depressing.  :BangHead:

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:19:57 AM »
I have a suggestion:  why not take the money from the spring concert and use it for a series of smaller bands throughout the year?  There are hundreds traveling the concert circuit, most of them are pretty good.  What you need to do rather than focusing on one concert that not everyone will attend is to get a bunch of different flavors of music on this campus.

The important aspect of this would that it would be free.  Have bands on, say, every other saturday night or something.  Don't do it at a large arena that costs money.  Find a space where people can get up and dance.

This is not my idea.  My undergrad has a theme house called the Java House that is in charge of all the small band programming on campus.  They have a barn for performances and a strict no alcohol policy (no drinking in the barn, but it doesn't matter if you do it before or after).  You might look into it.

Ha, I just found a Wikipedia entry, but here is their website.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline commando eli

• UND
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »
There are already a lot of bands that play at the loading dock....check it out http://www.union.und.edu/loadingdock/

Well at least a few...
You would be surprised what matt will do for a cookie and a glass of orange juice. -rvb

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:14 AM »
The News, if you hadn't read it yet.

EDIT:
The Loading Dock would be a great place for it.  They don't seem to have a whole lot of bands, and none on the weekends.

Offline jbaker

• UND
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
actually they do, but the promotion is horrible/non-existant.

these kids have NO idea what it takes to get people to show up.

promote. promote. promote.

The News, if you hadn't read it yet.

EDIT:
The Loading Dock would be a great place for it.  They don't seem to have a whole lot of bands, and none on the weekends.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:26:33 PM »
It's tough to promote at this school--I've never seen a campus so barren of promotional materials for some band or event or meeting happening.

(One of my pet peeves, and one of the inspirations for this site.)

Offline jbaker

• UND
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »
we did a musical event in spring of 05, distributed about 5000 full color fliers BY HAND.... and had over 900 people show up..........for "that techno music", which people here don't even LIKE!

you can get people to come to anything, but it takes some work.  people don't just magically show up.

It's tough to promote at this school--I've never seen a campus so barren of promotional materials for some band or event or meeting happening.

(One of my pet peeves, and one of the inspirations for this site.)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 10:51:40 AM »
You know, I think it would be really cool if we started some sort of decentralized distribution of promotional materials for things here--for on-campus organizations or events or bands.  You know, upload your flyers and a bunch of people can download them, print out a few copies, and put them up where they are.  If people would do that, it would probably get to people who normally wouldn't know about things through normal channels, or even a 5000-flyer-handout session.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic