Author Topic: Club meeting FINALS week to elect NEW OFFICERS! Show up!  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Club meeting FINALS week to elect NEW OFFICERS! Show up!
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
My notes from the meeting:

- Good showing: Me, Sanders, Logan, Dr. Geiger, Mills, Kou, Michael, Karin, Joe, Jordan, and Aaron were all there!
- Congratulations to Logan Evans for becoming the new UND Cycling Club President!
- We decided not to hold elections for the other officer positions until the fall, to allow new people the opportunity to run and/or maneuver for opportunity.  So think about what position you want and start campaigning!
- Nationals (according to Sanders and Logan) was awesome and we should definitely try to get more people there next year to have a strong team showing and let the rest of the country know we exist.  You can ask them for specific race details.
- We voted to start requiring dues to become an official member of the club.
  - Dues were set at $20 per year, August-August.
  - You get an official UND Cycling cap
  - You get the club price on jerseys/bibs
  - You get a 10% discount at The Ski and Bike Shop
  - You get 25% off race/event entry for our events
  - You get at least one meal paid for by the club sometime during the year
  - What a deal!
- Dr. Geiger suggested that we talk to Craig Tweten of Community Contractors about sponsorship since he's big into stuff like this (he is also involved in the ski trails by the wellness center).
- Dr. Geiger also suggested we take the photos of the team that we have from Jordan's uncle, send them to Andy Hampsten to sign, and then give them to our sponsors as an even better "thank you" for supporting us this year.  The photos are going to happen regardless, although I'm not sure who is in charge of that.
- Dr. Geiger also knows a guy who will be consulting with the med school this coming year who has close ties to the Jelly Belly pro cycling team, so if we talk to him we could hopefully get some sponsorship. 
- (Beek talking here) Something to think about is that it's not really Dr. Geiger's job to do the nitty gritty sponsorship "schmoozing," so we'll need to be proactive about meeting the people he knows.
- Aaron went to the Metropolitan Planning Organization meeting last week about South Washington Street changes to make it more pedestrian- and cyclist-friendly.  A bunch of us signed a paper and he is going to write up something about how we all would like to see better cycling infrastructure through there.
- Some thought is going into how to schedule the CX series this fall, but nothing is set in stone.  Dates to remember already (and work around) are END-AR on Labor Day weekend and END-TOMBED on the last Saturday in October.
- A bunch of us will be around town for the summer, so we should all have someone to ride with!

Anyone have stuff that I missed?  There were a lot of great ideas shooting around at the end that I may not have caught.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:05:26 PM by Sal Atticum »
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Alaska Unicyclist

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
well done!
"It never gets easier, you just get faster" - Greg Lemond

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 11:10:54 PM »
Pics are a great idea. Andy Hampsten signing them sounds sooooooooo cheeeeeeesy though. He only lived in ND for like... 2 years or something?

It just seems so third party? I mean... I see his logic, because it makes it something to hang on the wall... but...
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Not sure what you guys are doing about the pictures, but if for whatever reason you guys want/need a team picture, let me know.  Get the bikes out and kits on...I'll bring the cam.   It would also be nice to get a pic of the entire club for promotional use for the fall expo dealie?

I also have an account with a professional photo lab in Minneapolis. Let me know what prints you need and I can get you a quote. 

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 07:47:57 AM »
Pics are a great idea. Andy Hampsten signing them sounds sooooooooo cheeeeeeesy though. He only lived in ND for like... 2 years or something?

It just seems so third party? I mean... I see his logic, because it makes it something to hang on the wall... but...
It does seem weird to me, since he has nothing to do with the club anyway.  We might as well have Mario sign some photos.

Regarding photos: Dave's other post reminded me that we run sponsorship per calendar year, so there is really no rush to get things out to sponsors, especially if our team members are anticipating traveling to CX and MTB races (and more road stuff during the summer).  Ideally we'd drop "thank you" stuff on sponsors right before we ask them for more money in the fall...

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 10:00:05 AM »
good point beek. We should still all meet up today and sign the photos.. they are being printed as I type! I'll make another thread for that

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 04:21:53 PM »
Not sure what you guys are doing about the pictures, but if for whatever reason you guys want/need a team picture, let me know.  Get the bikes out and kits on...I'll bring the cam.   It would also be nice to get a pic of the entire club for promotional use for the fall expo dealie?

I also have an account with a professional photo lab in Minneapolis. Let me know what prints you need and I can get you a quote. 

I totally agree,  a few are leaving tomorrow, so maybe next Fall we can all get together!

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
I mean, I can sign the photo if you want me Beek. It would be almost as good as if Mario Cipollini signed them... almost as gooood.
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline OUWxGuesser

• UND
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
Oh ya.... what's this about a 12hr mountain bike race?  Any details?  Sounds brutal (but fun). 

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »
The details will be up here: http://www.endracing.com/p/end-tombed-12-hr-mt-bike.html

Andy+(Ted and I) will be co-organizing.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything