Author Topic: Hi, Crititcal Mass, and other inquiries  (Read 2710 times)

Offline bigfuzzyjesus

• UND
  • Ask me about my lack of coordination
Hi, Crititcal Mass, and other inquiries
« on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:35 PM »
Hi, I'm Paul, I'm from Iowa.  I ride a Trek 3900, that I bought used from a summer camp in CO, which means both rims are shot, and it looks terrible.  I also have a Trek 1000 with Bontrager Races, I'm now getting that shipped up to me, and a few other stupid bikes.  I'm pretty much interested in all aspects of cycling, and I think racing sounds really fantastic.  I also saw a flyer for a critical mass ride, on the last friday of every month, which is this friday... do any of you guys ride in those?

Basically wanted to say hi, and I want to get in better shape and I think trying to get to a point where i could race, would definitely get me in shape. And im planning on coming on the upcoming rides...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:03:27 PM by bigfuzzyjesus »

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
Re: Hi, Crititcal Mass, and other inquiries
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »
Hi, I'm Paul, I'm from Iowa.  I ride a Trek 3900, that I bought used from a summer camp in CO, which means both rims are shot, and it looks terrible.  I also have a Trek 1000 with Bontrager Races, I'm now getting that shipped up to me, and a few other stupid bikes.  I'm pretty much interested in all aspects of cycling, and I think racing sounds really fantastic.  I also saw a flyer for a critical mass ride, on the last friday of every month, which is this friday... do any of you guys ride in those?

Basically wanted to say hi, and I want to get in better shape and I think trying to get to a point where i could race, would definitely get me in shape. And im planning on coming on the upcoming rides...

Sounds great Paul! Welcome on board and in the club. WE are excited to have you around and hope to see you riding and hopefully eventually racing if that is what you want to do!  :cheers:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline bigfuzzyjesus

• UND
  • Ask me about my lack of coordination
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »
Do any of you guys participate in critical mass rides

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
I generally dislike the critical mass concept and I especially dislike it here. Mainly because they create more problems than they solve. None of us ride in those. But we aren't anti-cyclist rights.

Come ride with us... it'll make more sense. We're not just roadies.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »
Hi Paul, you can contact heathervive if you want to know more about Critical Mass in Grand Forks.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 09:34:05 AM »
beek... thanks for reeling my post back in. Im not trying to say bad things... u know.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic
anything