Author Topic: Police incident email  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Police incident email
« on: September 18, 2007, 03:43:50 PM »
From UND Police:

On Friday, September 7 at approximately 4PM, a female university student was robbed as she walked between O'Kelly and Gillette halls.  Two white males approached the student and demanded her purse. When she refused, one of them grabbed her around the neck and took her purse. Both subjects fled on foot.
The purse has been located.  Only her passport had been taken.
Subject #1:  White male, 5' 10" tall, 165 lbs with long dark hair pulled back into a ponytail.  He was wearing a black trench coat and black boots.
Subject #2:  White male, 5' 10" tall, 185 lbs with blond hair (buzz cut). He was wearing an Ambercrombie shirt with orange lettering and khaki shorts.
No arrests have been made.

On Thursday, September 13, the University of North Dakota Police department was made aware of two incidents that occurred on Friday, September 7 that had not been reported to the institution.

One incident was regarding a purported rape that occurred in an alley on campus.  In tracing the reports, UPD was able to identify the incident which was a medical assist.  Two students had waived down an UPD police officer regarding a person needing medical attention.  That person was transported to Altru hospital and a crisis team member was called out as well.  There was no rape or physical assault to the person needing medical attention.

The second incident was regarding a female being assaulted and placed in a dumpster.  This was actually the robbery incident, however, the victim was not placed in a dumpster.

We encourage all faculty, staff and students to report any incidents to the University of North Dakota Police department or other university official so that appropriate action and notification can take place to help keep our campus safe and informed.

You know, I'm glad that they clarify things like this.  However, my years as an undergrad tell me to distrust anything claiming that a rape didn't happen, even though it was reported.  I think in this case it was another person reporting the rape (who was not in contact with and did not know the person needing medical attention), rather than that person (who was transported).  Not to stir anything up or get in anyone's business, but does anyone have any more information about these incidents they can share?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Re: Police incident email
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 03:38:39 PM »
I absolutely LOVE the phrasing in this one!

From Duane Czapiewski, UND Chief of Police:

After further investigation, UND Police have determined that an alleged purse snatching reported to the campus community Sept. 17 did not, in fact, occur.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Police incident email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
people these days
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic