Author Topic: T9 feature on your mobile phone?  (Read 6368 times)

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
T9 feature on your mobile phone?
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:06:26 AM »
Maybe you already know this T9 feature in your mobile phone. It really helped me a lot since i do texting on a regular basis. It made my texting habit more faster and much convenient. Are you using the T9 feature on your mobile phone?

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: T9 feature on your mobile phone?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »
Maybe you already know this T9 feature in your mobile phone. It really helped me a lot since i do texting on a regular basis. It made my texting habit more faster and much convenient. Are you using the T9 feature on your mobile phone?

The T9 feature works really nicely on my PDA.  It is actually pretty smart.
CampusDakota.com

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
The T9 feature works really nicely on my PDA.  It is actually pretty smart.

I agree so too! I just found out that it also predicts the url that you have already used in your past messages. I saw a tutorial on how to eaily use it in the learn menu. Here www.t9.com

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »
I agree so too! I just found out that it also predicts the url that you have already used in your past messages. I saw a tutorial on how to eaily use it in the learn menu. Here www.t9.com

Thanks for the link.  I like the translator.
CampusDakota.com

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:27:31 PM »
Your welcome. What enjoy most in the tutorial is the topic of keying in additional words. what about you?

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 04:23:16 AM »
About itap and T9, I know that it is both for predictive texting why do some prefer using it? Is there any difference?

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
Your welcome. What enjoy most in the tutorial is the topic of keying in additional words. what about you?

I really like that also.  I had no idea that you could add in your own words.  It will be really nice to add in some NDSU related words that I use alot.

About itap and T9, I know that it is both for predictive texting why do some prefer using it? Is there any difference?

I am not sure about itap.  According to wikipedia Itap is  more intelligent, it can even finish sentences.
However, they say itap is harder to learn.

I think the preference is just based on what phone you have.  Itap was created by Motorola, so I dont think any of their phones will have t9. 
Also, you cannot add your own words with itap, which is not a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITAP
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 05:57:25 PM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »
I really like that also.  I had no idea that you could add in your own words.  It will be really nice to add in some NDSU related words that I use alot.

I am not sure about itap.  According to wikipedia Itap is  more intelligent, it can even finish sentences.
However, they say itap is harder to learn.

I think the preference is just based on what phone you have.  Itap was created by Motorola, so I dont think any of their phones will have t9. 
Also, you cannot add your own words with itap, which is not a good thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITAP

So T9 is much better than itap, I visited the site of T9 and I found in the Learn menu that you can also add URL's, words of your own and other abbreviations. It's really brilliant! www.t9.com

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 04:57:28 PM »
Dont your fingers get tired?
Go Bison!

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 02:27:50 AM »
nope. why aren't you texting?

Offline ge_bjf007

• NDSU
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 03:17:26 PM »
nope. why aren't you texting?

I guess I never really got into it.
Go Bison!

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
I think they really need to start working on voice recognition.

Then again, that wouldn't be that good for texting if you are doing it in class; maybe they could use it as an option.

I had a phone where all you had to do was put a name in the phone book, then to call that person you only had to say the name.  You didnt have to go and say the name 3 times first.  It was as simple as typing in the name and the phone number that went with it  What was nice is that it could basically recognize any name... and to think that was 3 years ago.

Too bad I broke the phone :(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:49:48 PM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

Offline chuckie

• NDSU
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »
I think they really need to start working on voice recognition.

Then again, that wouldn't be that good for texting if you are doing it in class; maybe they could use it as an option.

I had a phone where all you had to do was put a name in the phone book, then to call that person you only had to say the name.  You didnt have to go and say the name 3 times first.  It was as simple as typing in the name and the phone number that went with it  What was nice is that it could basically recognize any name... and to think that was 3 years ago.

Too bad I broke the phone :(

Oh I know that one, it's voice tag wherein you just have to press the menu button then say the name of the person then it dials the number for you. I had that kind before but i didn't use it.

Your not using text messaging as well? Just curious because a lot of us are using it nowadays, my phone is on a plan that's why i get lots of free text.

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 02:44:58 PM »
Oh I know that one, it's voice tag wherein you just have to press the menu button then say the name of the person then it dials the number for you. I had that kind before but i didn't use it.

Your not using text messaging as well? Just curious because a lot of us are using it nowadays, my phone is on a plan that's why i get lots of free text.

Nope, I dont really text message.  I just use the T9 features on my PDA.
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything