Author Topic: Community Bicycle Workshop  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
Community Bicycle Workshop
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:25:04 PM »
Very cool!  I also just read this article about a similar program in Vermont.

Cyclists in the F-M area:
I am contacting you on behalf of a new non-profit that I am actively a part of organizing. The organization is the F-M Community Bicycle Workshop. At it's most basic we intend on refurbishing donated bicycles and distributing them to
individuals in need of reliable transportation throughout the community.  We also aim to educate a volunteer base on the trade of bicycle maintenance and create a community centered around sustainability and cycling. This would be primarily aimed at youth and young adults but everyone will be welcome to help out. We will teach community ed classes on commuting, roadside repair, etc. as well as operate an Earn-A-Bike program for youth and a Create-A-Commuter program for adults. We are fiscally sponsored as a 501(c)3 non-profit through Moorhead Healthy Community Initiative and have the full support of Tom and IPC. Our collective members include mechanics from IPC as well. Anyone interested in more
information can email me and I can answer any questions as well as send out a brochure that goes into a little more detail explaining what we are working towards and how community members can help.

Right now we are actively fund raising and looking for a space. We have a couple possible
spaces on the table but are in need of some funds to secure one while we do some grant writing.

To help us get started right now you can make donations out to:
Moorhead Healthy Community Initiative
Care of F-M Community Bicycle Workshop
810 4th Avenue South, Suite 147
Moorhead, MN 56560
Make sure to include "F-M Community Bicycle Workshop" somewhere in the
donatinon.

You can contact us at this email: [email protected] or call at
(701)793-4125 with any questions or for further information.
Thanks, Andrew
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic