Author Topic: New Side Project  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Meest

• UND
New Side Project
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »
Well after doing sound and selling audio equipment for 5 years or so in this area. I decided it was about time I did something to help the community.

http://gfmusicforum.com/

I hope there are more musician's that are looking to extend their music past their bedrooms, or basements. The community can always use a wider coverage a music.

Thanks for Sal for Pushing me to post this Its been a hidden thing I've been planning for a while and wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

I post random blogness about life audio over at http://mixermeest.blogspot.com/

I'm looking for suggestions also. This is a music community board, not my own personal one. I would like as many voices involved in its growth and direction as possible.

Thank you,

meest (adam)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:11:17 PM by Meest »

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: New Side Project
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »
Hey, sounds like a great idea.  Its a good niche area that you can benefit.

Now just to promo it!
CampusDakota.com

Offline Admiral Ackbar

• UND
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »
Awesome!  I think more live music in this town would be good to have.

Meest Did you see this http://www.areavoices.com/gfhcitybeat/?blog=36480 ?
IT'S A TRAP!!!!1!

Offline Meest

• UND
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:27:38 AM »
Yea i saw that. Really like the idea.

I just find it odd that there is no central location for those musician's to communicate that they will be at those area's and to see if a few people will come out or at least know they can swing by and listen to a few songs. Heck I would have had I known about it.

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »
How's it going?
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Meest

• UND
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
Meh... Failing. Tried recruiting a few of my fellow music buddies. But apparently musician's around here are all talk and no action. No one wants to change it seems. I know there has to be some people out there... but this is ridiculous. Everyone seems to be all for themselves... everyone's pissed someone else off...

I wish I could get some more people to join... But what can you do? I can't force people to contribute. (Sorry been gone for a while, my xorg.conf horked and my windows partition was shot. The GF doesn't share her Mac...)

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:34:49 AM »
That's really the vibe I got at ndindierock, although I know you are looking for the more mature musician set--nobody wants to work together, but they want everything to go their way.  That might be the predominantly teenage music set there, but from what you say it sounds like the rest of the area musicians too.

It's interesting that you classify a message board as "action;" in most situations people would see a forum as the talk rather than the action, but I see what you're getting at.  CD is the same way, in that we want to be a venue for action to be organized.

If I was a musician, I'd join in and get involved, but since I'm in grad school and have no real interest in playing in front of people anymore (even if I was decent), I don't think I could bring much to the conversation.

Have you tried getting a fix on what people (who aren't musicians or connected) want in the music scene?  I think the problem in Grand Forks is that nobody really knows what the audience wants.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
Its hard to get people to participate in projects like that.  Is it the culture in ND?
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything