Author Topic: Magazine ranks Minneapolis top biking town; Sioux Falls, Fargo in top 50  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Meest

• UND
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/157450/

From the article if you don't want to register
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Bicycling magazine rated Sioux Falls as the 31st best city in the nation for getting around on a bike.

Sioux Falls was mentioned in the America's Best Bike Cities list for its 19-mile recreation trail through the city and its dedicated bike lanes and pavement markings that guide cyclists and remind motorists they are sharing the road.

Minneapolis was ranked No. 1, followed by Portland, Ore., and Boulder, Colo. Regionally, Omaha, Neb., was 42nd and Fargo, 46th.

I think it would be pretty nice if Grand Forks joined the club. My main beef right now in getting to work is the lack of a bicycle/pedestrian lane on the demers bridge going over the rail road tracks. So I either have to take the underpass up to University and then go back to demers or I have to make sure a train isn't coming through and take the path towards the police department.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
This was like last year I think...

what about columbia?
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
That was this year.

Riding down to Columbia just to cross the tracks instead of waiting downtown might be a little out of his way...
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

Im an idiot.. I can never remember the damn streets in the order they are.

I wasn't trying to rain on ur parade either meesty... it sounded way more cockish than I meant it to.
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Meest

• UND
haha i didn't come across like that Guardrail.... I'm trying to get into the habit of riding my bicycle some more... getting better since i switched shifts at work. Although I now get to re-learn the joy of cycling at night... And people not paying attention.

I still need to get my handlebars up a little higher for comfort. But that should come next paycheck hopefully when i look into getting an adjustable stem.

In other news-

There was someone downtown the other day on 3rd st also that had clips. and they were waiting for the light and trying to track stand. They were a little bit taken back when i rolled down my window and told them it was OK to lean on my car. Although they did seem they appreciated it more.. :P

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
haha i didn't come across like that Guardrail.... I'm trying to get into the habit of riding my bicycle some more... getting better since i switched shifts at work. Although I now get to re-learn the joy of cycling at night... And people not paying attention.

I still need to get my handlebars up a little higher for comfort. But that should come next paycheck hopefully when i look into getting an adjustable stem.

In other news-

There was someone downtown the other day on 3rd st also that had clips. and they were waiting for the light and trying to track stand. They were a little bit taken back when i rolled down my window and told them it was OK to lean on my car. Although they did seem they appreciated it more.. :P

This might be the best idea for a sticker campaign yet--"You can lean on my car" with a picture of a bicycle.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline Plantains

I wonder who that would've been... there aren't many people who can trackstand round these parts....

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything