Author Topic: The casual rider and their helmet.  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
The casual rider and their helmet.
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
You all probably know where this is going.

I spoke with a regular casual cyclist the other week because he happened to be in one of my classes and saw my helmet. He said holy crap man! I said what? He said I thought I was the only cyclist on campus that was wearing a helmet...

Its your life, you can do what you wish.

Personally... I've been hit by 4 cars, I'm sure my helmet was key to my living through one of the times. I've been hit TWICE ON UNIVERSITY AVE!

I know Toaster happened to fall so badly that he forgot where he was or how he'd gotten there. And he's one of the best cyclists I know as far as bike handling in particular.

I think the argument is even weaker for active cyclists, lets face it, lots of the helmets we own and ride with are really nice and pretty cool looking... but I digress.

If anyone wants help fitting a helmet PROPERLY, or has questions about helmets in general, what to look for in a helmet etc. I as well as most of my team mates would be more than happy to oblige.

You spend quite a lot of money on your education, maybe it's worth a little insurance... education is unfortunately the ONE commodity that people are willing to pay for, but want less of. You pay for information, but are happy when class is canceled.

Think. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:08:15 PM by Plantains »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline Toaster

• UND
Re: The casual rider and their helmet.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
"Fall" is a bit of an understatement, more of a faceplant really.

I wear a helmet everywhere now, You (everybody) should too. Concussions are cumulative you know.
Just try and step to UND Cycling if you wanna test your luck.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything