Author Topic: Wisconsin hunter bags deer with 7 legs  (Read 2903 times)

Offline bisonguy

• NDSU
Wisconsin hunter bags deer with 7 legs
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:12 PM »
Wisconsin hunter bags deer with 7 legs

FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Rick Lisko hunts deer with a bow but got his most unusual one driving his truck down his mile-long driveway. The young buck had nub antlers ? and seven legs. Lisko said it also had both male and female reproductive organs. "It was definitely a freak of nature," Lisko said. "I guess it's a real rarity."

He said he slowed down as the buck and two does ran across the driveway Nov. 22, but the buck ran under the truck and got hit.

When he looked at the animal, he noticed three- to four-inch appendages growing from the rear legs. Later, he found a smaller appendage growing from one of the front legs.

"It's a pretty weird deer," he said, describing the extra legs as resembling "crab pinchers."

"It kind of gives you the creeps when you look at it," he said, but he thought he saw the appendages moving, as if they were functional, before the deer was hit.

Warden Doug Bilgo of the state Department of Natural Resources came to Lisko's property near Mud Lake in the town of Osceola to tag the deer.

"I have never seen anything like that in all the years that I've been working as a game warden and being a hunter myself," Bilgo said. "It wasn't anything grotesque or ugly or anything. It was just unusual that it would have those little appendages growing out like that."

Bilgo took photos and sent information on the animal to DNR wildlife managers.

John Hoffman of Eden Meat Market skinned the deer for Lisko, who wasn't going to waste the venison from the animal.

"And by the way, I did eat it," Lisko said. "It was tasty."

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Wisconsin hunter bags deer with 7 legs
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 12:35:50 AM »
Now that is really messed up.  It sounds like an entire second deer tried to also grow... Maybe it was suppose to be two deer but something happened  :-\ :confused2:

Oh, who knows....
CampusDakota.com

Offline zman

• NDSU
Re: Wisconsin hunter bags deer with 7 legs
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »
That is messed up.  Can deers have twins?, it sounds like it was going to have twins, but they merged into one?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

anything
realistic