Author Topic: Game Suggestion: Xbox 360: Dead Rising  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Mystikclaw

• NDSU
Game Suggestion: Xbox 360: Dead Rising
« on: September 11, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »
I just thought I would throw out a quick review of a game I highly enjoyed and would suggest to anyone to play.

Dead Rising is a kill the zombies game from Capcom. There is more to do than just kill zombies but if you wanted you could do that for days! There is an actual storyline in there.

You are a photojournalist who goes to a small Colorado town that has been shut down by the military. You have your helicoptor pilot drop you off at the mall and tell him to pick you up in 72 hrs. What could go wrong? As you progress you learn why the zombies are there in the first place. You can use many many many (over 500!) things as weapons but of course some things are better than others. And you can dress up in 100s of outfits from each of the stores (Mega Man costume is fun to run around in). You also take pictures to gain prestige which counts as experience for leveling up and learning new attacks.

It does take some getting used to using the save system (can't just do it when you want but have to visit a bathroom or couch) and for some reason Capcom made the text only really readable by people with 60" HDTV's (I could read it a bit on my 36" SCTV though). Also it takes some strategy to kill bosses the first time through. There also is no multiplayer of any sort.

I have 47 of the 50 achievements unlocked and have gone through the story about 4 times. There are many unlockables and a few new things to do once you pass it so there is replayability also.

I highly suggest getting this game and just seeing how many ways you can kill zombies and survivors!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:07:10 PM by Mystikclaw »

Offline pmp6nl

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota.com
Re: Game Suggestion: Xbox 360: Dead Rising
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 01:20:20 AM »
Sounds like a fun game.  It sounds similar to Resident Evil types of games; is it similar?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:21:03 AM by pmp6nl »
CampusDakota.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic