Author Topic: Kansas  (Read 3790 times)

Offline RIT

• Other College
Kansas
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »
If UND cycling picks me up from Fargo and gives me a ride to the races in Kansas, I can provide free housing in Lawrence, KS for both weekends.

Offline Plantains

• I've succumbed to corporate level marketing ploys.
  • No you are the one that is stupid!
Re: Kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »
RIT... u should probably introduce urself? Sounds like a decent deal... I suppose it will depend on how our transportation works out. We have to fund all of ours and we're super limited on vehicles this season.

You riding for NDSU I assume?
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
I am actually an ECCC transplant.  I race for Rochester Institute of Technology in New York but I am interning for Bobcat in Fargo.  I also have a pretty big van so potentiality if you get to Fargo, I can get UND Cycling to kansas and house you too.  Assuming we all would be splitting gas evenly.

I am very set on doing these races to get me ready to race in the ECCC later this spring and eventually nationals.  So I hope we can both help each other out.

Any questions just ask.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
haha Im from buffalo

I don't think it'll be a huge issue... but we haven't gotten that far just yet. We'll keep u posted tho.

Do you race back home for a non collegiate team?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:26:11 PM by Guardrail »
Alaska Unicyclist: if you ban me, i'll set your complex on fire.... just a heads up

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
I am from the St. Paul so I race there when I am able to. 
I race for St. Paul Bike racing club for road

Offline Plantains

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 02:05:53 PM »
Oh word... so you're a local midwesterner at RIT. Cool.

Either way... we'll keep u posted.

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »
I raced those guys from SPBRC many times last season. just a question for all of us: can RIT race in our conference?Are there any rules against that? Just so you know RIT we are planning to go for a spring break to KS, a week before the first race. If you are working for Bobcat, I'm guessing you will not be able to go with us for a whole week. Do you have family in KS to stay over?
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Plantains

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »
If you have a collegiate license you can race any collegiate event. The question becomes whether or not they can score points for their team in their conference. This is what I asked Guthart LAST YEAR for Tiff. I've asked 3 times. I'm not asking again. It makes me mad.

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
I can race in NCCCC but I won't be scored and I can't qualify to nationals. 

My sister's in-laws live there and they said I can bring as many people as I want...

Offline Mario

• Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired
  • UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
I can race in NCCCC but I won't be scored and I can't qualify to nationals. 

My sister's in-laws live there and they said I can bring as many people as I want...

Sounds like a party to me  :bananana:
The minimum number of bikes one should own is three.  The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.  This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »
RIT,Wws my assumption about your work correct? You wouldn't be able to leave for a week, correct?

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
I won't be able to leave for that long

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »
So it looks like for the first race you will have to make your way down there by yourself. For the second Kansas race we can arrange things so we could go all together, possibly in your van. What kind of van do you have? Do you think it can fit 4 of us plus you and all of our bikes?

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »
I guess I will meet you down in Kansas at the KU race.
I have a 15 passenger E350 van.  I have a roof rack that can hold 6 bikes and a trailer rack that can hold 2

Keep me in mind for the KState race

Offline Sal Atticum

• Administrator
    • Campus Dakota
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 11:02:44 AM »
I guess I will meet you down in Kansas at the KU race.
I have a 15 passenger E350 van.  I have a roof rack that can hold 6 bikes and a trailer rack that can hold 2

Keep me in mind for the KState race

It's not that we're ignoring you for KU--we'll just be down there already.  I just wanted to make that clear, otherwise, the more the merrier.

I'll shut up now and leave future scheduling to Mario, the Transportation Coordinator.
JUST EXTRA POLISH. I DO SOME WORK WITH EXCELL SO I KEEP THE CAPS LOCK ON :-P

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 11:04:40 AM »
No worries

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
Sounds good RIT. If I remember right you are CAT A, correct?If so we will race together  :undcc: Just stop by on Sat and talk to us. We will be wearing black-white-green UND kits.

Offline Mario

• UND
  • Crossing around
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
RIT (what is your name BTW)are you still coming?

Offline RIT

• Other College
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 06:17:28 PM »
my name is Peter, i am heading down tomorrow

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is an apple, it starts with an r?:
What is 5 plus 5?:
Which Dakota has the city of Fargo:

realistic
anything